Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
When we were in Mintaro I said to wanlop we could go out to Martindale House. This type of building is very rear in Australia. It was built in 1841 and had a coach house as well. Personal it is a story of someone coming into too much money too quickly.
1/ The coach house.
2/ Martindale house
A typical example of conspicuous consumption. Neo-Classical architecture in the middle of somewhere.

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Hmmm.. Hydrangea. Our blooms don't grow tall like that and rather stay closely clustered on the bush.
My thoughts exactly. Never saw them that tall and individual.

·
Super Moderator
11,940 Posts

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
I do believe the Hoon has us buffalo'd:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I do believe the Hoon has us buffalo'd:confused:
I know what it is. It's an old stone two story building with a newer arched roof with at least two doors on one side and what look like patio doors one at least one end at the roof line.
Let's see the Hoon deny that.:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The roof line is how it was in the 1850's. These little towns would have their own butcher, baker, blacksmith. It is something along that line. This erea started of as a suppy to the bullock teams and farming with sheep and wheet. Put some of these together and you have the answer. If no-one gets it today I will tell you what it was tomorrow morning. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
The roof line is how it was in the 1850's. These little towns would have their own butcher, baker, blacksmith. It is something along that line. This erea started of as a suppy to the bullock teams and farming with sheep and wheet. Put some of these together and you have the answer. If no-one gets it today I will tell you what it was tomorrow morning. Eric
Okay so it's a Bakery where sometimes Blackmith's forged tools to Butcher livestock with?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay so it's a Bakery where sometimes Blackmith's forged tools to Butcher livestock with?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Fossil I take it that in a previous life you were a fisherman. You just cast a big net and hoped for the best. LOL. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
But I always have a tale of the one that got away.;)

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
Well, I was close anyway. How do you keep a fool in suspense? Tell me tomorrow:D

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nothing to do with live stock.

·
Super Moderator
11,940 Posts
It's a hotel or brothel.

(Fingers crossed.)

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It was the towns flour mill. Thank for your tries. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
A Hoon is someone that is mucking about on the road. Speeding, burnouts type behavour. I did my hooning on the race track. Eric

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts