Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just recently completed an 8 day ride through Montana, Idaho and Washington state. We returned home through BC then into Alberta.
We left through southern Alberta then into Montana.
The ride on the Going to the Sun highway was spectacular, only marred by the fact that they were doing road construction at the top of the pass.We were stopped twice, once for 20 min then for about 30 min.
We then over nighted in Libby.
We then proceeded for the rest of the trip on hwy 2 through Montana and Idaho into Washington. The roads were amazing.
The ride in Washington started to feel like the prairies, mile after mile of ripe wheat fields with mountains in the background.
The decent into Winachi was a riders dream with lots of twisties which the wing handled with the grace of a sport bike.
The next day onto BC and Vancouver Island, easy ride.
Touring for 2 days on the island is a blast with everything a rider needs, flat fast rides with twisties thrown in.
Saturday saw us heading down hwy 3 in BC.Another great ride wit lots of demanding twisties to keep you on your toes.
The last day saw us on the Ice fields pkwy.
It's a shame that the road is not very smooth compared to the roads in the US.
It was an amazing trip to be reccomended to anyone. Some of the trip is for seasoned riders, some very tight swith backs but with care anyone is up for this ride.
This year the wife was 2 up but next year she will have her own bike!!

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Sounds like you have a great time. Any pics for us to see. We love pics... Makes us feel like we are part of the journey. Ride safe and often...

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a great trip. Also would love to see some pictures. I've been to Glacier twice but was working at the time on wildfires and couldn't see the area due to smoke. A ride up to there is on my bucket list.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've done the Logan Pass a couple times and the lower Glacier road as well. Both are spectacular if you can avoid the motorhomes and trailer traffic. A road that is not to be missed (mark it on the list if you are coming up to Canada) is Hwy 6 between Vernon, BC and Arrowhead Lake then up to Nakusp/Revelstoke or south to Nelson. It's our version of Deal's Gap, just longer and (hopefully) less traffic. Out in the coast region, there is Christie Creek north of Vancouver towards Whistler. Tight and twisty, narrow and quite demanding. The surface of the Icefield Parkway is attrocious (I never ride it anymore for that reason) and it's a crime to have our postcard toll road in the rockies in that state of disrepair.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time.October my Wife and I are heading to South Carolina to ride the Devils triangle,And the MoonShinners28 Can not wait

1 - 6 of 6 Posts