·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Mark you will do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
We rode it a couple years ago and the dinosaur tracks in the rock was interesting. My wife wants to go back next time we are out that way. I do remember it as being a 15mph. Speed limit, but with no guard rails it can be dangerous.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Hee Haw! That looks like the place to ride the big jump. Cool picture.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Cool stuff Wolf.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Now go ride from Twin Lakes over to Vail via Independence Pass. Just remember that it goes to 1 lane for about 6 miles and its 2 way with trucks like U-Hauls and it has a pucker factor of about 2 zillion. When there is about 6 inches between mirrors of opposing Goldwings, things get tense. Oh, yea and no guard rails either and the wrecked vehicles that look like ants are real too. No sireee....one time is enough for this cowboy. I'd rather make love to a porcupine than do that one again. :D:eek: Isaac

·
Registered
674 Posts
. I'd rather make love to a porcupine than do that one again. :D:eek: Isaac[/QUOTE]

well if your going to go there here is some advice:D

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Larry, that is the route I took except I took the Minturn exit back to Leadville and Twin Lakes. The picture I think is the last little shot dropping down into Aspen and its about the widest part of the road. The guard rail is really silver but "brown" for a reason.:eek: Guard rail is non existant at the highest point. At least thats how I remember it. The I 70 part of the ride was magnificent.:D Isaac

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Mark you will do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Gordo,

Maybe so......but I wont put my tongue on a freezing cold light pole!
:p
Mark

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Independence Pass! Never did it on a scoot. Nope, I did it with a Hino straightjob truck! Yep, and with the whole fam along! The maximum length vehicle allowed at that time? 35' Our truck: 35'

When we got through it (after the front right tire "sagging" into the roadside dirt a couple of times while passing oncoming traffic in a left curve, no guard rail, and at least a 1000' drop) I pulled over at the first rest stop, we piled out, looked at each other, and sat in silence for about 15 minutes! Pucker factor? Well, I'll just say that we all required surgery afterward!:eek::eek:

On a motorcycle it would be great. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts