Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to be a place to post maps of our Favorite Rides within our regions, complete with maps, descriptions, photos & videos.

Here is a quick tutorial based on the use of Google Maps. For those that have another way to do their posting by all means, Go for it.

Posting map

Go to Google. Open Google maps, click Get Directions. Start by putting (Starting address in box A). Pick a point along your route to place Box B (The reason I do this is because if you just go from start to finish address Google will choose your route for you.) Once you do that Click on small lettering Add Destination under box B. That will open Box C left click on a point along your route to place your cursor then immediately right click this will open another window, the 3rd tab down says Add A Destination click that & you will complete that leg. Continue with Add Destination under Box C to open D, left click to set cursor, right click 3rd down Add Destination. Etc etc etc until you complete your route. Don’t get frustrated sometimes the maps will do their own thing & mess up. If it does just hit the back button on the browser & it will undo the last destination.

Once you get your route map completed on the top right corner of Google map below the words Sign In page you will see 3 tabs Printer, Mail & Link. Click on the link & it will open a window you will see in the 1st box below Short URL your map Url link. Right click copy & paste that into your GWOF message. This should work fine. If you have any issue let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Posting routes

Good information will try and do that. Have been having CRS problems lately. At 74 yrs. still learning all these new fangled things. Thanks:)

·
Super Moderator
28,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good information will try and do that. Have been having CRS problems lately. At 74 yrs. still learning all these new fangled things. Thanks:)
Good luck. If you need any help just PM me & I'll be glad to assist.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
We are heading to Wenatche on Wed to set up base camp and day ride from there
Any suggestions of where to ride( We know there will be lots of ideas )
We have a few routes that we want to ride
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
We are heading to Wenatche on Wed to set up base camp and day ride from there
Any suggestions of where to ride( We know there will be lots of ideas )
We have a few routes that we want to ride
Enjoy
Leavenworth to the west is a nice place to visit, just not sure how the smoke and ash situation is there right now.
Another ride would be 97 to hwy 2 then east to hwy 17 and visit Dry Falls and south to Soap Lake and hwy 28 west to Wenatchee.
Also if you go past Dry Falls to Coolee City and take hwy 155 to Grande Coolee Dam.
Just be aware that there will probably be a lot of smoke from the Wild Fires burning other on the east side of the Cascades.
There is a dinner west of Leavenworth on hwy 2 called the 59er Dinner good food and great Milk Shakes . Again there have been fires along hwy 2 that could still be making a lot of smoke. I'd check in Leavenworth about the by pass through Plain a longer ride but nice.

There have been and still are some magor fires going North along hwy.97. Check with the locals about conditions.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42.3069829,-122.8731691/Keno,+OR/42.2988012,-122.2521823/42.2596024,-122.500545/42.3548924,-122.5301535/42.3069829,-122.8731691/@42.288046,-122.6801591,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m20!4m19!1m6!3m4!1m2!1d-122.3083411!2d42.1293317!3s0x54cf19a9c48bfc23:0x2fd949b3aaad60c2!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x54ced7ddd78632f1:0xa4d6775de42235!2m2!1d-121.930338!2d42.1258699!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m1!4e1!3e0

This is a ride that Teresa and I enjoy doing, I-5 south to Ashland then OR Hwy 66 to Keno, Oregon then Clover Creek Road to Dead Indian Road. Turn west on Dead Indian and the Condie Creek road to Lake Creek, this is where we stop for a bite to eat. Then it's Ore Hwy 140 into White City and Ore Hwy 62 to Medford.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I highly recommend folks going to NW Washington to hook up with Ron. He knows every inch of that area. Great suggestions for me both when I was there and when I will leave in July. Awesome area. Will stay a few extra days when I go back and ride some more roads. Want to see the top of MT baker road. Closed before I left. Also go over in BC and have a coffee. Will. Ring my passport this time.

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
I highly recommend folks going to NW Washington to hook up with Ron. He knows every inch of that area. Great suggestions for me both when I was there and when I will leave in July. Awesome area. Will stay a few extra days when I go back and ride some more roads. Want to see the top of MT baker road. Closed before I left. Also go over in BC and have a coffee. Will. Ring my passport this time.
Looking forward to seeing you in July, Ray

·
Registered
585 Posts
Likewise my friend. Got home Saturday with no drama. Rained for 3 days. Finally had sun today. Mowed grass, picked up sticks and downed limbs, and started weed eating. Rather be riding but must earn my keep!!!!!!!!!
Going riding with Crown and others on Saturday. Have to ride the Harley.

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
Likewise my friend. Got home Saturday with no drama. Rained for 3 days. Finally had sun today. Mowed grass, picked up sticks and downed limbs, and started weed eating. Rather be riding but must earn my keep!!!!!!!!!
Going riding with Crown and others on Saturday. Have to ride the Harley.
Ride safe and say hello to Mark for me.
Rode those other two wing that are in the back shop today

1 - 12 of 12 Posts