Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wife and I took today, rtomorrow, an Friday off from work to just chill. Well, today we put 100 miles on the bikes. Tomorrow we have a 230 mile slow ride planned. Going to go ride the bluff country over east, and check out some of the small touristy towns. I think there will be about 12 towns we will hit in the 230 miles, with about 35 miles being the farthest between towns. Then, Friday, I am going to get up and head west. I am planning on doing an SS1000 at some point, but first I thought I should do a 500 mile practice run to see how I feel. So I am going to start out as if I was actually going to do the 1000 miles, and see how I feel at the half way point. If I am doing well, I wil continue on. I will let you know how I do. I am sure we will have some pics to post tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Sounds like fun, wish I could get that many days off to do a trip

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
Keep us posted & have fun. We will await the pictures & ride reports.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Sounds good. Look forward to the pictures and tour.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Taking a "slow ride" brings memories of a song....slow ride, take it easy.....Good advice, I would say.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, our whole weekend fell apart. Got up this morning, and the weather didnt sound good for today, so we stayed home. And imagine that, it didnt rain! Damn weatherman. I still plan on doing some riding tomorrow, but not sure how far.

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
Well, our whole weekend fell apart. Got up this morning, and the weather didnt sound good for today, so we stayed home. And imagine that, it didnt rain! Damn weatherman. I still plan on doing some riding tomorrow, but not sure how far.
Buddy you learned a valuable lesson. Plan the ride, stick to it & take Roudolph & Dasher along in case.

Sorry that your plans had to change. Keep safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts