Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a spectacular ride this past weekend.

We rode 605 miles in three days, through VA and the NC mountains. Some on the parkway, and the rest in the western part of NC. I saw more beautiful scenery than I ever have in NC, not on the parkway either. Some of these roads were more goat path than road! This was the first big ride for us on our new (to us ) wing the bike was flawless, I could not have had a better ride. We rode up through VA to Fancy Gap, Meadows of Dan to Sparta (in NC) to Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Vale Cruses and back to West Jefferson. We stayed a really cool B an B called Buffalo Tavern. The owners name is Doc. What an entertainer, he will never run out of great stories.

The only part I regret is that I have sunburned the tops of my hands. I guess that shows that I a still a rookie :)

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Hey rookie it has happened to us all. Seriously, glad you had a great trip thanks for the report. Pictures will be good from now on though.:D

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Pictures are real nice, but I can still follow along with a map and drool. I'll make a note on that B & B and may get up that way one day.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't feel bad about the sunburnt hands, I'd be more worried about the possible long term effects of road rash on em:eek:. Glad you had a good run though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts