Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody, new to HGOF and was wondering if anyone has heard of or used Ride-On TPS Tire Sealant in there tires? I just ordered a new tire and was thinking about using this stuff. It claims to hydrostaticaly balance tires and basicly seals tires like "Slime" which I have used before, but not for balancing. Any feed back would be appriciated. Thanks K

Thanks to all who responded to my thread. My '84 Interstate did not come with TPMS so I wont have a problem with my warrant for that. I will have to check on the warranty for my new tire before puchasing and installing. Thanks again K

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello tahowinger, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I saw a video on this ,or a similar product, and the concept looked intriguing. I have a run-on-flat rear tire on my bike but my front is vulnerable. Like you, Taho, I'm waiting for actual riders of this product to comment.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have been using this product for years with no adverse events. I can attest to it's balancing properties. I can not comment on the sealing ability as I have not had a puncture since starting to use it!
There are a few naysayers but I have had no problems. Cleans up using water if needed when you change tires.
Watch the video, make sure you understand the portion of the tire protected and the size punture it will seal.
Some have commented a tire plug will not stay in if you have RideOn in the tire. The key word here is SEALANT. No plug should be needed.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I've watched the video(s) on this product and think its a product that works well in sealing punctures. I also read the claims and disclaimer regarding TPMS. So I'm torn between not getting a flat and having a warranty issue with Mother Honda.

Here is the statement from their website:

Nevertheless, it is important to note, that all TPMS manufacturers have a policy in regards to foreign substances that are injected inside of tires with TPMS valve sensors installed. For the most part, these policies state that the use of any foreign substances inside of a tire with TPMS valve systems installed, or the use of any foreign substances which have been injected via the valve stem into the tire; will void their TPMS warranties. Moreover, it is also important to note, that these policies fall into place regardless of whether or not there is actual proof that the foreign substances found inside of the tire are in fact the actual cause of the TPMS sensor failure. YOU DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THE WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR A REASON TO AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
YOU DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THE WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR A REASON TO AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY![/B]
Very good point, including non-manufacturer approved accessories and/or modifications made. Even approved accessories must be installed by a tech at an authorized dealer, if you read the fine print!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good points guys. All the warranty admins are getting very anal about what will pass their scrutiny and what won't. At the end of the day, it's up to their decision as to what will and won't pass the claims desk. At present, for one (shall remain nameless) manufacturer we are now required to send photographic evidence on virtually all OEM failures and must provide proof that there is no aftermarket installations associated with the system failure or the claim will be denied. Very soon, all OEMs will adopt this practice and there is a good chance that there will soon be actual on-site adjudicators/adjusters to forward claims for warranty. May sound a bit dictatorial, but it's looking like that more and more.:(

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
It's seems that the insurance companies in general have always been good at collecting premiums as well as coming up with reasons to deny claims. Not a fan.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I guess I can understand Mother Honda and their approach regarding warranty. If I made a "widget" that was tested and sent out the door and somebody comes along and changes something on the widget and the widget then fails I would be hesitant to fix it on my dime.

That said, there is a lot of stuff out there to customize a wing to everyone's liking and therein lies the dilemma...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Used Ride-on in three sets of tires,,on the 1800...1st was E-3's,18,000 miles, tires were worn even...replaced with Avon Cobras,,at 2000 miles on the Park Highway, by Mary's McKindly View Lodge, I put two rope plugs in one hole..This was Aug..The next March I got a nail and then replaced with a 2nd set of Avons without adding Ride-on...these tires wore vary uneven and were noisy at 11,000 miles..In June , 11,,went with c/t ( @ 43#) on the rear & 709 ( @ 36# ) on the front,,both with Ride-on...At 1200 miles I got a drywall screw in the c/t,,( no repair )...At 9000 miles it only loses air when I check it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts