Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that no one mentions this stuff. I know from experience that it works to balance the tire and is unbelievable at sealing punctures. I used it on my last tire and decided to test it before I took it off like they show on their website. I drilled 8 holes in the tire with a 1/8" drill bit and it lost 1 lb of air in the course of 2 weeks! The stuff really works and balances the tire and gives you the impression of gliding in the air. I'm just throwing this out there for everyone that doesn't want to have to go to a run flat. It also claims to add like 25% life to the tire since it is balanced for the life of the tire which I'm not sure that I noticed since I drive pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Just an FYI...... folks with a TPMS cannot use that stuff....It will ruin the sensors!!!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like a great product, next rear will be a c/t but still on the fence about a run flat.
Were is the best place to get it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a great product, next rear will be a c/t but still on the fence about a run flat.
Were is the best place to get it?
I've always got it from their website. I run it in all of our cars and motorcycles. Especially when I saw what it did after I drilled holes in the tire! I buy tires online, put them on myself, and then put this stuff in. No need to go get them balanced because this does it for you and for the life of the tire. I'm testing the 25% improved life of the tires on one of the Prius' and will eventually see if that statement is true as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The fix-a-flat in the can should be used only as an emergency measure IMO, and better off avoided when possible. I used to carry it as an offroad measure for back-country excursions, but eventually switched to patch/plug kits because of the mess left inside the tire after use. Tire repair shops HATE that stuff!

Welcome to the site wingnut/ireland. Are ye from the Emerald Isle mate?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have used RideOn for years with great success.
If needed, it cleans up w/water.
I have never known this product to "attack" wheels, nor dry up as mentioned.
It locates itself in the tire, not on the rim, so I have no idea how it could attack anyones rims???????
RideOn is supposedly working on a formula that can be used w/the GW TPMS.
Some may confuse this product w/Slime!? I would never use Slime in my tires!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used RideOn for years with great success.
If needed, it cleans up w/water.
I have never known this product to "attack" wheels, nor dry up as mentioned.
It locates itself in the tire, not on the rim, so I have no idea how it could attack anyones rims???????
RideOn is supposedly working on a formula that can be used w/the GW TPMS.
Some may confuse this product w/Slime!? I would never use Slime in my tires!
Exactly what I was thinking because I have used it for years as well. I know that the fix a flat attacks and deteriorates the tire but ride-on does not. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What sort of mess will it make when you change tires?

triwing
It doesn't, it stays disbursed in the protective patch area around the inside of the tire.
I have never had to "clean up" when replacing tires.
If, however, the need should arise, a garden hose is sufficient to do the cleaning!
At least that's the way it's been for me and my tire changers thus far.
I had to convince my latest tire changer to do the job the first time as he equated this product w/the dreaded Slime product:mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Just an FYI...... folks with a TPMS cannot use that stuff....It will ruin the sensors!!!!!!!

Mark
Mark, Question: :confused:

are the dyna-beads a problem with the TPMS?? I've thought about them for the next set of tires, but wonder about a problem with the TPMS.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Mark, Question: :confused:

are the dyna-beads a problem with the TPMS?? I've thought about them for the next set of tires, but wonder about a problem with the TPMS.
You know what Charlie I would imagine they would. I have a TPMS that screws on the valve stems & I would think they would hinder a proper reading. Now I couldn't answer that about the "built in" TPMS.

I tried the dyna beads and had issues with them getting stuck in the stem when checking tire pressure (before I had TPMS), if you have a compressor and use dyna beads I would suggest giving the tires a quick burst of air after you check pressures to help from having a bead get stuck.

Mark

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Those that tell of problems w/RideOn should contact RideOn and explain their complaints/problems.
I'm sure you will get a response concerning your claims.
Reviewing the MSDS sheet for RideOn shows:
Non-heavy metal based corrosion inhibitors
Also, most vehicle manufacturers that provide TPMS's coat them w/a epoxy sealer. For some unknown reason Honda does not do this on the Wing TPMS so, do not use RideOn in Wings equipped with TPMS for the time being!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Out of curiosity, is the RideOn ok for the front tire also?

·
Registered
718 Posts
They do make a valve stem core with a filter/screen built into it. When we use a balancing compound such as Equal, we are to install these valve cores and a sleeve on the valve stem that indictates that there is balancing coumpound in the tire. It keeps the compound from clogging the sealing surface of the valve core. Big question is, is the Goldwing valve stem long enough to fit these?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It works for all tires front, rear, car truck..................
There are no "gizmo's" needed for valve stems. This product distributes around the inside of the tire. It doesn't clog valve stems, nor does it corrode wheels. It is water soluble. There is no mess.
As stated earlier, it is not for use in Honda GoldWings w/TPMS. Honda does not "protect" the units in the wheels and RideOn is not compatible at this time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.