Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from downunder. Has anyone converted a standard centre stand to ride on ride off. I have a 2005 30th Anninersary Wing and was thinking of this modification. Has anyone altered the factory stand and if so do they have measurements etc. I feel the critical measurement would be from the pivot bolt centre to the very end of the stand. Can anyone help???

Regards

Marsan

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i have not seen anyone ride on or off the stand :)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
A good buddy of mine has one on his GL1800. He uses it all the time including gassing up. The only thing I do not like is the back tire stays on the ground at all times. It's hard to inspect the rear tire in this situation. Also when I put it to sleep for the winter I like the fact that the pressure is of the back tire and not much on the front.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Badrider, In response to your statement that the rear wheel is in contact with the ground all of the time, yes, you are correct. I have a replacemenet center stand from the folks at Baker and love it. If you need to raise the rear wheel you can put a piece of 1/2" plywood under it and lift it the usual way by putting your foot on the pad and lifting the bike as with the original. I will agree that this defeats the purpose of "ride on, ride off" but for storage and or cleaning no big deal.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi sr71, I never asked my friend about it. It does make total sense with the wood. I'll have to ask him if that's what he does. I know in winter he likes to put a piece of carpet under the tires because some one told him its not good to leave the rubber on cold concrete for a long time.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The OEM stand is too easy to use and gives you better access.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts