Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of the ride off stands sold by Wing Stuff on a GL1500? I had a ride off stand on an earlier Wing several years ago and I seem to remember it was forward of where the present center stand is located. The Ad for the stand sounds like it just replaces the center stand. Just thinking I could probably shorten the legs on the center stand and accomplish the same thing if that's where it goes.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I took a look on Wingstuff and it says it replaces the original stand. So... my assumption is it would sit where the original was. As far as cutting down the original, I guess you could.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fitted one to my 1500 , was best thing i could do , the weight is bit to much for right leg , easier to fit than thought , but i still have the old one , not sure i would be happy cutting it down , i can get a height for you if you want . Just remember to leave bike in gear ,very light to move them off stand ,

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had one on my 92, it replaced the stock stand, The ones that were made years ago for the 1100's & 1200's attached towards the front of the bike near the bottom of where the radiator is. If you put one on your bike, remember both wheels are on the ground at all times, the bike can and WILL roll forward if parked on an incline in neutral.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Joe and Joey, I think that I will go ahead and put a ride off stand on my GL1500. I just about have to have help to get the bike up on that back stand. I sure liked the one I had on an earlier bike, so simple to use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would not be without it , it makes life so much easier , its great using the reverse it just pops up , very safe with passenger , easy to fit and well worth fitting .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts