Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited by my pal John to take part in a charity ride for the Help the Heroes, The Black Rat Fund & The Afghan Heroes.
These charities are for your armed forces & families who have been injured during the recent conflicts. I jumped at the chance to help raise money & awareness for our heroes fighting for our country which I am immensley proud of.
The day started at 8am going to get some fuel & picking my other pal(Andy) up who was my pillion then we rode 20 miles to meet John & 3 of his pals. We had to meet before we got to the starting point(Squires) which is a local bikers cafe because the will be around 700 other bikers there & would have nearly impossible to find each other.
We arrived at Squires at 9am to find it already about 1/2 full & we was directed by marshalls to park our bikes up in the car park on a hill in a tight area, I was not very comfortable with this as I'm not an experienced rider & my Wing being so heavy. But I give it ago & you guessed it I nearly dropped it in front of all these bikers, the only reason I didn't completely drop it was of the quick reactions of the marshall who managed to keep me upright until I parked it(big relief!):eek:
Here are some pics so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
The number of bikes that you guy's get in one place is amazing. Thanks for the report. Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 Minutes before we set off all 500 or so bikes of all different kinds roared into life the sound was like a symphany to my ears, my heart was pumping as the vibrations was hitting my chest & that one memory will live with me forever!:D
Fireworks signalled the beginning of our 52 mile journey to Marne Barracks at Catterick North Yorkshire & we all started leaving through the gate.
We rode for 2 miles on country lanes until we joined the A1 the main highway towards Catterick, the over head bridges were lined with people waving & taking pics of us along with people in cars.
The ride was nice & smooth with no real problems until we entered the small village of Catterick were had to queue to enter a large car park which was a temporary holding area. We were then released in groups to ride back through the village to the barracks. We entered the barracks at a security point for a quick check then we lead to an old runway were all 700 plus bikes parked.
The army have laid on a BBQ for us & had some military vehicles on show for us, I had a brief chat with two army lads who were very grateful & friendly.
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myself & Andy are in the video at 4.06 & 5.10!
In closing I enjoyed the whole day very much, I'm glad I had the chance to help our guys on the frontline & I can't wait for next year!
Thank you for reading, I just wanted to share my experience with you good people.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Seeing those troops brought back some fond memories, Of a Deployment to Northern Germany 1969. Met a bunch of Lads from the 4th Royal Tank Regiment. Real friendly fun bunch. I still have Beret and Badge one of them gave me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seeing those troops brought back some fond memories, Of a Deployment to Northern Germany 1969. Met a bunch of Lads from the 4th Royal Tank Regiment. Real friendly fun bunch. I still have Beret and Badge one of them gave me.
Memories what a wonderful thing.;)

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
But I give it ago & you guessed it I nearly dropped it in front of all these bikers, the only reason I didn't completely drop it was of the quick reactions of the marshall who managed to keep me upright until I parked it(big relief!):eek:
Here are some pics so far.
Looks like a great time for a good cause. If you had dropped your Wing you could have gotten a IDMWT number. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
That's awesome Hullboy....great pic's!! It looks like ya'll had a great time!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
thats a whole lotta bikes for one event and seems to me everyone had a great time showing support, thanks for shareing

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Great Pics and Thanks for the report

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Thanks, Hullboy33!

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
That looked like a great event and glad you had a good ride. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Very cool day indeed. Thanks for sharing your event.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Looks like you had a great turnout. Enjoyed the video and the pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts