Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've never posted here before, so this is a total shot in the dark, here goes nothin' invitation to a little ride my wife and I are going on in the Pacific Northwest.

The invitation is to anyone who may want to come along all the way, part way or whatever, just meet for a beer.

Here's the itinerary;

1) Depart Kamloops BC Canada June 22 to Bellingham Wa. 230 Mi.
overnite in Bellingham area.

2) Depart Bellingham Wa. June 23 to Leavenworth Wa. 160 Mi.
overnite in Leavenworth.

3) Depart Leavenworth June 24 to Coulee Dam Wa. 114 Mi.
stay 2 nites (June 24 & 25) in CD to take in tour of the dam.

4) Depart Coulee Dam June 26 to Sandpoint Idaho 163 Mi.
overnite in Sandpoint.

5) Depart Sandpoint June 27 crossing back into Canada at Creston BC traveling North along East shore of Kotenay Lake, crossing by Ferry to Balfour the arriving Nelson BC. 143 Mi.
overnite in Nelson

6) Depart Nelson June 28 to Kelowna BC 214 Mi.
overnite in Kelowna.

7) Depart Kelowna June 29, return to Kamloops.

As you can see this will not be an "Iron Butt" run with leisurely riding distances. We will be staying in motels all the way, and planning for lunch stops each day.

So far we are not ravelling with anyone else, so if anyone's interested, PM me with your e-mail address etc. and I'll respond.

Cheers!

YV (Ed):D

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Hey... I am in Seattle and would meet you in Monroe and ride to Leavenworth with ya. It would be a pleasure to meet another forum member. I would turn around or continue the loop down to Bluet pass and home that way...but always looking for a reason to get out on the bike.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Love to take you up on the offer (maybe meet for a double dip chocolate cone at DQ), but I'm in Southern Arizona. If you ever plan a trip down this way, let me know; but I'd advise against it during the summer months. Supposed to get up to around 100 degrees today. Have fun and ride safe!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey... I am in Seattle and would meet you in Monroe and ride to Leavenworth with ya. It would be a pleasure to meet another forum member. I would turn around or continue the loop down to Bluet pass and home that way...but always looking for a reason to get out on the bike.
Hey, somehow I knew you were in Seattle, don't ask me how! If you want, we'll meet around lunch at Monroe, and go from there.
PM me w/ your e-mail to make arrangements, and may the weather gods be with us. (Got an inch of snow here yesterday).

YV (Ed)

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
larryinseattle @ y a h o o (dot) com is my email.

The Buzz Inn has a good burger and we could meet there at noon. Or we could have a bratwurst in Leavenworth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might see if I meet you someplace along the line :D
Hey Ron; Di and I will be at your place on the 22nd. to receive my new toy, and leaving your place on the 23rd., (per your kind invitation if this works for you), so the trip for us would be continuing on from your place.

You really should think about joining us. As you can see the runs are not onerous, so Betty might find it comfortable enough to come along for the ride. Give it some serious consideration and drop me an e-mail.

Needless to say we would love to have you guys along! If you were coming all the way you could spend a day or two with us at the tail end of the trip at our homestead!

YV (Ed)

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
If your in Pennsylvania, givre us a shout..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your in Pennsylvania, givre us a shout..
Thanks Charlie. Will keep it in mind for future trip, but not going quite that far this time. I'm kind of breaking in the little lady, (my wife that is), slowly. She hasn't done any distance travelling on the Wing so this is a bit of a test.

So far she likes it a lot, and even manages to nod off once in a while while we're riding.

Maybe next year Wing Ding.

YV (Ed)

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Thanks Charlie. Will keep it in mind for future trip, but not going quite that far this time. I'm kind of breaking in the little lady, (my wife that is), slowly. She hasn't done any distance travelling on the Wing so this is a bit of a test.

So far she likes it a lot, and even manages to nod off once in a while while we're riding.

Maybe next year Wing Ding.

YV (Ed)
My girl friend uses a Kindle Fire and places it against my back. She can take along several books and magazines all in one reader. She can also check email and stuff like that when at any McDonalds in the USA.

Keeps her off the intercom.... if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Dang Ed, I'll just be getting back from Nakusp with my b-in-law. We're headed down there next Thursday on our rockets for a few days and get back for work on the 19th. Seems like it's always a narrow miss for us doesn't it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang Ed, I'll just be getting back from Nakusp with my b-in-law. We're headed down there next Thursday on our rockets for a few days and get back for work on the 19th. Seems like it's always a narrow miss for us doesn't it?
Oh man, thre'll be other ops. The riding season is young. Now that I've clued in to this side of the forum I will be posting more rides.

We'll see you later. Ride safe.

YV (Ed)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts