Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I rode from Montgomery, AL to St. Augustine. In a last minute change of plans we rode past Daytona to Kennedy Space Center for a quick tour... Going across the water that day was treacherous, windy and cold! But, we rode to Orlando that night. Got up the next day and decided Mickey wasn't really our interest and headed for the beach in St. Pete area. Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey Rascal. Nice pictures. Thanks for the tour. :)
Isaac

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Noticed the sticker, you work for Montgomery FD? (Pretty girl in the picture and I notice a sticker, I must be getting old.) I would love to get down that way for spring training.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Jeez. I was just thinking I haven't been to Florida since the mid 80's. You take the kids to Disney World once and then your done. Twenty five years later the visions of the white sand and blue water begin to creep up in your consciousness again. When you spend most of your life around the Mid- Atlantic coastline, those old images have a powerful draw.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Thanks for the photo's. Did you go to a baseball game. I know it's big over there. Eric

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pictures. Noticed the sticker, you work for Montgomery FD? (Pretty girl in the picture and I notice a sticker, I must be getting old.) I would love to get down that way for spring training.
I work for Maxwell AFB Fire Dept.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the photo's. Did you go to a baseball game. I know it's big over there. Eric
Eric,
We went to an International League baseball game. The Korean Nexus Heros were playing the Netherlands.. We left in the third inning as the game was boring...

Strange though, 8 players on the Korean side, and 3 players on the Netherlands removed their hats and faced the American flag during the anthem,,, Mmmm....:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pics. spent teenage years in st. pete now in Leeds al. Funny thing is that bridge goes over Tampa bay south of st. pete.
This was the first time we have been there. Fell in love with the area. Enjoyed the Gulf side much more than the Atlantic side. Let the debate begin...:):cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Gulf side - more places to ride. Pensacola to Key West.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well, given what I see outside around here, I'd energise the transported beam and take whatever side I materialized on. I'm waaaay used to mosquitoes, and a breeze off the Atlantic would be welcome.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts