Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Ride home

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  gizmo97 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so yesterday I got to roll home after I completed an IBA run with EFINREF. I had about 7 hour ride and half of it alone. EFINREF went south and I went east. I tell you I was kinda lost when he headed south and all of a sudden I was alone. It took me a few minutes to quit looking for him.
Ok so the ride was uneventful except this. I was rolling along in IN with the cruise set about 85. I notice a head light that is gaining on me. It does not take long for it to catch me. I had moved over in the passing lane to pass a car and I hear the motorcycle speed up. I was in the left lane with a car in front of me in the slow lane. I had time to pass the car and get over so the bike could pass both of us safely and in the left lane. Well he sped up which then screws up the me passing the car without slowin him down (he pissed me off by speeding up). So I motion him to pass me in the right lane and then move to the left and pass the car. He comes over smiling and waving IN MY LANE! I move over to the left (using the rest of the left lane) and he flies on by. The best part , he was two up and wearing shorts and tank tops and no helmets. Didnt see if he was in flip flops cause I was pissed. Two up running that fast and no protection and passing a total stranger in his lane......What a AZZ HAT!

#3 ·
Idiots are everywhere and not all of them are in cars. Good thing you saw him.

#4 ·
First of all....Same here on the split. I almost pulled over to take a minute. Riding with you was an honor and a thrill Mr. Ralphumor.
Secondly....I read your text about this guy but didn't quite get it. Luckily you are experienced enough to deal with such an idiot.
Finally.....I am glad you made it home safe and without Bells Palsy:D

#6 ·
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday, Ralph. I'm passing a car at about 80 mph in the inside lane of I-35 and next thing I know, I've got this kid on a crotch rocket NEXT to me in the passing lane! Only one up, but GEEZ, what a turd of a motorcycle rider! Once I was around the car I moved to the right lane and he took off, probably hit 120-130 mph within the first quarter mile. Like your guy, no helmet, tank top, shorts, and tennis shoes. Like Clint Eastwood said in "The Outlaw Josie Wales":
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', kid."

#8 ·
Glad you arrived home safely dispite the other guys...

#9 ·
Glad your ok , I blame Ref he should have drove all the way home with you

#10 ·
No surprise....You always blame the Ref:rolleyes:

#11 ·
The great state of Virginia just recently passed the law that it is " legal " for motorcycles to ride abreast in the same lane. We do this all the time riding in special formation rides and every now and then in group rides with a tacit consent among the group riding. For a lone rider to have his rightful full travel lane invaded by a passing motorist is not the intention of the law.

#12 ·
The great state of Virginia just recently passed the law that it is " legal " for motorcycles to ride abreast in the same lane. We do this all the time riding in special formation rides and every now and then in group rides with a tacit consent among the group riding. For a lone rider to have his rightful full travel lane invaded by a passing motorist is not the intention of the law.
What does this have to do with riding topless:confused:

#17 ·
Ut oh Mark that will be a edit post coming

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.