Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have been a " Virginian " since 1966 I can count the number of times I have visited our state capitol on two or three fingers, but thanks to Mz. Vickie and the Goldwing I can now say I have toured a small portion of it. Mz. Vickie is a decedent of Andrew Lewis, whose statue sits amongst other historical Virginians' in and around the Capitol grounds. The ride was short enough to allow time to walk through the Capitol , take a short canal cruise, have a sit down lunch and get back before dark.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Looks like you had a great day. Amazing what you can find within a days ride from our homes. Ride safe my friend and thanks for the pics..

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
I grew up in Detroit and didn't do the local stuff until I brought my wife up there for the first few times. You neglect the cool stuff around you. Nice trip, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
We are planning to be there in Sept. for the NASCAR race. Thanks for the heads up. We were going to blow in and back out but might stop and take in the sites. Didn't even know it was the Capitol.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are planning to be there in Sept. for the NASCAR race. Thanks for the heads up. We were going to blow in and back out but might stop and take in the sites. Didn't even know it was the Capitol.
That would be Saturday, Sept. 10th ?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Why yes, I believe so.

Our master plan this past week-end was to book an RV spot again in Kitty Hawk about Labor Day week. A commercial went by for the Richmond race. (my better half is a RABID fan). As an astute husband looking for ways to exit the long, lived-in dog house, I found it worked out perfectly with plan A.

Looking on google map, looks like a very nice leisurely ride 3 hours north up the coastline. And so the idea is now a plan.

If anyone out there would be interested in a late summer last YEEHAW, just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts