Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this storage cover? My new Wing shares space in my wood shop and I'm having a conflict here! I have to get the bike out of the shop in order to use my table saw! The saw dust gets in everything! So, I saw this cover but can't find any reviews from folks who have purchased it. I think it's a great idea but don't want to be the first to use it. If some one out there in the Wing community has bought one of these, I'd sure like to know what you think of it

.http://www.detachedcarports.com/Rhino-Shelters-Cycle-Shelter.html?af=goldrushgroup

Thanks!
Locknut

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I've never had one, but it looks like it should meet your needs. Just be sure it's long enough for the Wing. If you get one, let us know how it works. I would guess you are not the only one with that problem. Good luck..

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Locknut,

I think this is the abolute cover if you really want to keep all dirt out.
I would get weary of taking this on and off if I had to do it several times a week.

I bought a 1/2 cover from Wingstuff and it covers most of the bike-keeping debris off the seat, controls and windshield. But I use it to keep the dew off on trips and I do some wood working in the garage.

If you don't mind the effort or the number of times you will go thru the process of on and off the bike, then it looks like the ideal cover.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
too bad it's made of fabric. if it had plastic insted of the fabric i would get one. why plastic? there are to many squrrels around here and i'm afraid they would just put a hole in the fabric and make a hiding spot, just like they do with my out door grills

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Locknut,

this may be way outside the box for you but tho't I would throw it out there. (actually, this is inside the box and in part because you work with wood).

For this amount of money, I would think you could make a mini garage for your bike.
Some thing 5 x 9 x 6 feet tall with a simple garage type door also made of wood. A few 2 x 4s and some 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.

Pros
-easy to bike in and out without having to clean up first
-protects against dust and things that go bump like long pieces of wood
-provides a solid wall or walls to hang tools or set other equipment up against. You aren't losing wall space just moving it so to speak.

I say this because any cover you use, will be covered in dust. The bike is safe but how do you get it out without vacuuming or cleaning the cover first. If you blow it off, you blow the sawdust all over everything else. If you have alot of sawdust, eventually, I would seem that clumps of dust would fall onto the bike as you remove the cover.

I may be all wet, you may have a better and complete understanding that makes this a really dumb idea. But I was walking thru the process in my mind wondering how you would get the bike out with a dirty cover.

I say all this as I have an interest in this as well with having the same problem but maybe not to the degree you have.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
5 x 9 x 6 wouldn't work for me. i'm 6ft tall :)

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
too bad it's made of fabric. if it had plastic insted of the fabric i would get one. why plastic? there are to many squrrels around here and i'm afraid they would just put a hole in the fabric and make a hiding spot, just like they do with my out door grills
Hey. It states: " This Shelter is 100% woven marine fabric for waterproof and UV protection. " It's Marine fabric so it must be tough . Semper Fi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts