Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I will be going darkside, looking at the Michelin PA3 like chopin has. My question is if you don't have TPMS using the RF and you get a flat does the tire give any kind of indication that you lost pressure, wobble or something?

I don't have TPMS so just wondering if a RF would be a benefit or not.

Does the RF give a harsher ride than the NON RF?

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Bob my first car tire is a Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP so I can't give you the harsher ride then others but I do know after about 500 miles it did seem to give a smoother ride then at first. Now I have a 06 and do not have the TPMS but if you do some reading on the darkside you can see a lot of people doing the no air test with the tire and they ride two up down the hyway and do not feel much of a difference.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I working on wearing out my second Kumho ZP tire and I have personally tested the tire by driving it after draining the air to atmospheric pressure. It did not separate from the rim after several miles, including 10 miles on the freeway. For me ZP is worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think if you study up on the darkside forums you'll find that many who use the run-flat tires recommend adding a TPMS. Some riders aren't as sensitive to the feel of the bike as others and it's possible to be out on the road with a RF and not realize you've lost pressure. Some riders will notice--some won't. If you're riding 2-up or pulling a trailer it's possible to overload the deflated tire and not know it until it fails--then you're still stuck. Myself I think most riders would notice something out of whack if they're riding anything with curves. But I could see if you're rolling down the interstate lulled into comfort how a person might not notice until the tire really acts up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I will check out the darksider link. Since it is suppose to rain all day I will have time do some reading today. I guess rain is better than the snow up north.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.