Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a roadmaster trike kit on a 2000 GL 1500. Everything is going great, except the reverse will not work. It engages, starts to pull backwords, and then quits. The bike rolls in reverse very easily, seems like a relay is cutting out. You can keep hitting the switch, and the reverse will keep " bumping" but will not continue. Any suggestions? I need to sort this out before I finish putting the back on the trike. I didn't notice any ground wires on any of the bolts I have removed, just one ground bullet connector for the rear trunk lights, but I may be wrong. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi keva, on the right rear side of the motor{under the cover} you will see the 2 cables that let the reverse mech. work. operate the reverse lever an you will see which cables. you may of knocked them out of adjustment while working on the gw. good luck

·
Registered
183 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that there were some protections built into the reverse system; ie to much load and/or to much grade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved!

Thanks to all who replied, but after a few exhaustive hours of beating my head against the frame of this puppy, I came to the conclusion that it HAD to be something stupid! It was, I looked for a cut wire loom, collateral damage from altering the rear fender to clear the new drive shaft....Nothing. I looked at the rear frame where I cut off the saddlebag support....nothing. I looked at the wire loom near the rear master cylinder, as I had to cut off the front brake line from the rear master cylinder....nothing. The other complication I discovered was all of a sudden I also lost the rear brake lights. I knew it HAD to be related. By process of elimination I started at the back and worked my way forword, checking all and any connection, looking at the complete wiring harness, looking for something, anything. I started checking the small boxes with tons of wires running in and out of them. I had checked two yesterday but there was still one clipped to the frame. I opened it up and viola The problem! The connector broke the lock, and had pulled apart! No reverse, and no lights! Connected it, and wire tied together and now everything is perfect. Now to complete the body work, prime, block and paint. Reassemble the back end, take apart the triple trees and finish her up! Thanks again! Kevin

·
Registered
53 Posts
No, Reverse

I am installing a roadmaster trike kit on a 2000 GL 1500. Everything is going great, except the reverse will not work. It engages, starts to pull backwords, and then quits. The bike rolls in reverse very easily, seems like a relay is cutting out. You can keep hitting the switch, and the reverse will keep " bumping" but will not continue. Any suggestions? I need to sort this out before I finish putting the back on the trike. I didn't notice any ground wires on any of the bolts I have removed, just one ground bullet connector for the rear trunk lights, but I may be wrong. Thanks for any and all help.
G,Day fellow goldwiners i ride a 1500 95 model only have 156000 Klm,s i keep her in my Daughters Bedroom i have Lost reverse it was showing the dash light now n then but now there is no action at all i took her to my Mechanic for her 3000Klm,s oil change with new oil filter do you think it,s in the cable, ajustment as i have had her since 99 she gets new oil an filter every 3000klm,s and a general check over it was wroking ok the last time ,Had the timing belts done last year ,I Run all Honda Gear oil an Filter ,She like,s to drink when towing the trailer but you cant have both can we any comments would be greatful Safe Riding Every One Ok Cheers :sidecar left::motorbike:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts