Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '85 GoldWing 1200A and I noticed that when I put the bike in neutral and manually back out (push my way out) from a parking lot there is no lights to really warn cars/trucks. Has anyone ever been able to add a switch and backup lights to a GoldWing (for those machine that don't have a reverse gear) or now of a company that sells them as a kit ?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Never heard of any back up light kits for the wings. It shouldn't be hard to wire some aftermarket lights to the back, but you'd want to be darn sure you turned them off when rode off.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Don't forget to put on the back up alarm as well as the lights beep...beep....beep!!!!:D

Just like the garbage trucks LOL:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
there use to be a tail lite filler for 1500 wings that had reverse lites but i've never seen on for a 1200 wing

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
I know the feature is on some trike conversions, but it's tied into the reverse circuit of the bike.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Don't think it would be too hard to wire in a back-up light of some description, You could wire it into the ignition relay and put a toggle on it so that it's a 'switched only' that would work when the key is on and use it only for backing up

·
Registered
365 Posts
I made one up for my garden tractor, I live on a busy rd..in winter while clearing the snow with my tractor I back into the roadway. I just used a micro switch with a 3" long wire arm..the tractor is hydrostatic drive..the switch just sits next to the drive handle..when I go into reverse the lights come on. Not sure how you would put one on your wing though...maybe wire it into your 4 way switch, then when they are on the back-up lights could be on also. At least this way you won't forget to turn them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.