Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i live in UK been looking on net and came across these kits are they legal in UK tyred to get in touch with them retract gave me a price but no had a reply from landing gear dose anybody know if there still in business i have a 96 gl1500 i'd like not to have to go trike if Po's thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
HI i live in UK been looking on net and came across these kits are they legal in UK tyred to get in touch with them retract gave me a price but no had a reply from landing gear dose anybody know if there still in business i have a 96 gl1500 i'd like not to have to go trike if Po's thanks for any help
I'd check with the UK dept of registries for legalities (I think you call it a different name but whatever they're called), but I know trikes are legal over there so should be no issues.

who is manufactor of Retrack a -trike ? and where can I purchase it ? and how much is price ?
Here's a link for the Retract a Trike Mike, ain't cheap...

http://trikealternative.com/retractatrike/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Track-a Trike

Mike, here is a link to Landing Gear. http://www.landingear.com/g2_gl1800.php

Your gonna spend around 3500.00 on this companies set up...
I have been told that Track-a-Trike has gone out of business about a month ago......my question is: has anyone bought them ? and if so, how do I get in touch with them ? ....or if that is not the case ( new owner )...does anyone know where I can purchase a used one ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been told that Track-a-Trike has gone out of business about a month ago. My question is: has someone bought them? and if so, how do I get in touch with them ? or if that is not the case ( new owner ) does anyone know where I can purchase a used one ?

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
do anyone know if there is a new owner of Retract-a-Trike ?
I have no idea. If you cannot contact someone by the phone number, then I guess they are gone.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I don't need it now, but if the time ever comes, I'll look at landing gear before a trike. I've watched the videos and love how it works.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
I don't need it now, but if the time ever comes, I'll look at landing gear before a trike. I've watched the videos and love how it works.
As cool as I think they work, I will take the trike over the wheelies. Remember Eddie, as you get older the memory fades a teensy bit and you might just forget to hit the button at the red light, come to a stop and just tilt over to the left.. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, GWK, that would be embarrassing. However, watching the videos, it does have an automatic switch that the landing gear comes down or goes up at 9 mph. I believe it also has a manual option to use as necessary. Practically speaking, below 9 mph, it is a trike. You actually don't have to put your feet down even when stopped. Conclusion: it rides like a motorcycle but stops like a trike. The best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
Yeah, GWK, that would be embarrassing. However, watching the videos, it does have an automatic switch that the landing gear comes down or goes up at 9 mph. I believe it also has a manual option to use as necessary. Practically speaking, below 9 mph, it is a trike. You actually don't have to put your feet down even when stopped. Conclusion: it rides like a motorcycle but stops like a trike. The best of both worlds.
Cool, I learned something. I did not realize that the system had an "auto" setting. Thanks for the info.!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
your welcome. if you haven't done so, go to youtube and watch the videos of the landing gear installed on a goldwing. pretty sweet operation. plus, its a hellava lot cheaper that a trike.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have been told that Track-a-Trike has gone out of business about a month ago......my question is: has anyone bought them ? and if so, how do I get in touch with them ? ....or if that is not the case ( new owner )...does anyone know where I can purchase a used one ?
You can try Dodds Trike in Alabama. I saw one used one in his shop about a year ago or so. And he was trying to sell it cheap. I didn't have any interest in it so I didn't ask anymore questions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts