Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Goldwing owners,I retired 2 years ago and riding again after a 15 year layoff. My better half was so excited to get our
vintage 1985 1200 LTD she all but begged me to buy it,how strange is that.Our last one was a 1982 Interstate.Wings are our ride of choice and I bought this one to put a collector plate on it in 2010.
This forum has already answered my questions about cruise contol
which I fixed, and there are many helpful tips just by reading.
Enjoying riding with family, 4 bikes, 2 Kawi 1500's, 2 Goldwings.
The Pacific Northwest Mtns. are awesome to ride in. :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... You Are So Right About Riding In The Pacific N.w. ... Yesterday I Rode 190 Miles On Hwy. 101 And Then Up In The Coastal Mountains ... Had A 25-35 Mph Head Wind For About The Last 30 Miles But Rode Right Thru It ... Out Again Today ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing better than being retired and riding a Gold Wing. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, we ride when we want and the only thing stopping us is the weather,but even then I've been known to ride in the rain if I felt like it :)

Thanks for the reply,
Regards,
Robert

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF bstar. check on the collector plate it sounds like a historic plate that we have in michigan. with it you can't ride the bike except to shows or parades, something like that and insurance is usually higher

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome Bro. I retired in Jan of 09. Purshased a new VTX and tradedd around ending up with the 95 GL1500a. Can't think of a better retirement.
Bill

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Collector plate

Our restrictions and regulations must be different in Canada.The application form is fairly straight forward ie; must be stock as from the factory, 25 years or older, not used for regular commuting such
as back and forth to work. Insurance is cheaper for the usual coverage. We are encouraged to "Run what we Brung" :) I intend on
riding whenever and wherever I want.If this is not so I will post it.

Retired and loving every minute,
Robert

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Collector plate is now on my cherished 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition.

1985 being an Anniversary year for the Goldwing I decided many years ago this
was the one I wanted to collect.25 years old now, she's still in top shape and
will run all day and not miss abeat, 51,000 miles.With pride last week I put her in
the hands of my friend,a bodyshop manager, while he touched her up
here and there, very little work actually, a bit of pealed paint on the front fender and
on the fairing trim edge right side. After this I took the necessary show and tell photos required and submitted the collector plate application.I'm one proud GW owner who takes pride in his bike with its rich history of being a dependable ride all day every day motorcycle, and she still turns heads after 25 years. What more could an owner ask for.

-Robert-

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Happy 25th !
Ditto bstar, You sound like one proud papa or is it one old proud grandpa.:D

All you retired guys make me jealous.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm on the downhill side to retirement myself. I'll be so ready to when the time arrives. Another friend of mine retired out last week. I remember when everyone had all their hair and non of it was gray in color. The people that taught me the ropes are all gone and now I find myself showing others that one day will replace me. I hope they pay attention because....When my time comes I'm outta there.
-
- RETIREMENT with a WING and a good WIFE. Ain't life Grand?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts