Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched can't seem to find any info on this. I'd like to have my seat modified by an experienced upholsterer such that my seat height would be lower and possibly be made a little narrower. Ultimately, whatever they do, I'd like my feet to make better contact with the ground. Can anybody provide some info?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Don, I just had my seat reworked by Mean City Cycles in NC and they did a great job on mine. I had some pressure points on the back of my legs which caused pain in my knees. I told them what the problem was, shipped them my seat and in a week had my seat back with the problems gone and the side benefit is now my feet rech the ground with no problems. Mucho inexpensive.(>$150.00)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Don, I just had my seat reworked by Mean City Cycles in NC and they did a great job on mine. I had some pressure points on the back of my legs which caused pain in my knees. I told them what the problem was, shipped them my seat and in a week had my seat back with the problems gone and the side benefit is now my feet rech the ground with no problems. Mucho inexpensive.(>$150.00)
thats not expensive a saddleman road sofa is expensive

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Donald, one of our Texans posted a guy that modifies seats a while back. I'm not positive but I think it was Willmax, if not he may remember who it was.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Buzzard, My post said "inexpensive". Having gone the Saddlemen route with my 1500 I am sadly aware of the cost of a "custom seat". I'm sure that you just missed the "in" part of of my post. Time for new spectacles?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Buzzard, My post said "inexpensive". Having gone the Saddlemen route with my 1500 I am sadly aware of the cost of a "custom seat". I'm sure that you just missed the "in" part of of my post. Time for new spectacles?
Jim. The Doc is still young enough to be in denial.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i don't see where $150 is or would be expensive compaired to getting a saddleman or anyother custom seat is my point

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
i don't see where $150 is or would be expensive compared to getting a saddleman or any other custom seat is my point
I know doc. It was a matter of perception, not prescription. When you reach our magic age most perception problems can be attributed to prescription issues whether it be ours or others. The same goes with hearing, just ask Mz. Vickie. Don't mumble dear...........

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

I second those guys.... Great service, road in with appt and left a few hours later

Joe

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have question about this $150 seat fix. what does mean city cycles do about the foam thats left? i had a stock seat on my 1500 wing when i got it that had been cut down and with my fat azz on it i felt like i was sitting on the frame tubes. i remember lisa wanting to go riding and i turned her down cause my butt was sore. its how i ened up with the gelpad in the first place. i couldn't find a seat stock or custom so i ordered a gelpad before finding the saddleman seat i have now

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Doc, I still think that you are missing something in my first post. I said " MUCHO INEXPENSIVE" (meaning costing less than $150.00)

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Doc, I do not know what they do with the foam they remove but here's how to find out. Their number is: 866-550-7328

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Doc, I still think that you are missing something in my first post. I said " MUCHO INEXPENSIVE" (meaning costing less than $150.00)
nope i did not miss it and the $150 is less than half of what i paid for my saddleman seat and it was used. i was just sayin the $150 was cheaper than getting a custom seat but i do like re-replying to this post it gets my count up closer to lee's :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nowadays, I agree. $150 for someone to 'reshape' your seat and button everything back together is a good price. I think the stock seat is great. Making it custom for your own needs is just the ticket.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's it. Mean City Cycles is what in remember. Thanks for the info. For +\- $150 I'll give it a shot.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
What, you're turning in your baton for a gavel? Oh the humanity!;)
Detdr, there's an opening here somewhere for a reply;)
Don I remember that post/thread about the other seat shapers, but can't recall where or when. C.R.A.F.T. strikes again.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Doc, I do not know what they do with the foam they remove but here's how to find out. Their number is: 866-550-7328
if you just remove foam and recover the seat you are going to have the same problem i had with my stock seat, not enough foam to coushion your tush. mean city would have to do something to make the foam left firmer or you'll feel like you are sitting on the frame rails like i did. maybe they cam raise my seat by an inch, my seat is too low as it is

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Buzzard, They removed some foam from the front part of the seat making it a little narrower and also removed some from just in front of the lumbar area. This lowered the back part of the seating area, in effect sliding me rearward some. After they removed the unwanted foam they re-covered the areas with memory foam and then replaceded the seat cover.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts