Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Big D. ... Try A Google Search For Some Different Sites ... I Think All Sites Have A Little Twist And Other Info. Available ... But This Site Has A Great Knowledge Base ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What type of research are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing in particular, I am planning on buying A Gold Wing next Spring sometime, and I was just interested in doing some research on them, to learn the pros and cons. I was asking my local Honday salesman, some questions about what years they changed the most, and he told me that in 88, they changed from the 1200, to the 1500, and then I want to say he told me that in 2001 they changed to the 1800.?? I think I am interested in looking at the 1500. I kow I wont be able to afford an 1800, and I am not against the 1200, but I just like the looks of the 1500. So I was planning on doing some research on them over the winter, before I buy. My wife and I just sold our 2 bikes that we had, and it has only been about a month, and I allready know, that I need to have another one. I had a 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100, and my wife had a 2007 Honda Spirit, 750.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you look for a 1500 go for at least a 95 or newer, Honda changed the suspension and a few other things in 95, there is an interstate which is the lowest model (no reverse among other things) then the aspencade, them the SE model, the SE came with a lot of extras like CB, rear spoiler with tail & brake light corning lights two tone paint back speakers etc. In 1998 Honda changed the headlight housing to a clear housing and it makes a big difference in the amount of light you have at night, alot of early wing owners changed over their pre 98 headlights to the newer ones. The 2 thing's to check on the 1500 is the brushes in the alternator and timing belts., if it has over 60 or 70,000 miles you will be looking at changing these. Not a big deal but if it has been done it will save you some money. Also cherck the service records, most Gold Wing owners keep very good service records.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
and if you have to have timing belts changed do the radiator hoses and thermostat while it's apart

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts