Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1985 gw ltd,98000 klm. it's been collecting dust for 10 years.I gave it a good check-up, all the connections and wires,timming belts, clean all the grounds etc.
I don't have any spark the fuel pump is not working also. The suspension (auto levelling compressor also dead)I have turn signal and headlight the starter is working horn, radio. It was working fine before I parked it. All the fuses and relays in fuse box are good. I would like some help were to start from here. Their is a relay by the30 amp main fuse beside the battery, would that be a good place to start their is no part # on it, (just made in Japan).I'm starting to beleive the efi computer is defective. Can you do any diagnostic test on any of these expensive electronic components? I don't see any error code lights on the efi. If anyone can give me some help on this one it would be appreciated. My 3 girls are becoming teenagers it si time for me to start riding in the wind trust me. Thanks
Gusdar

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Some questions. Where was the bike stored (outside, garage, heated, living room) Did you replace the battery and was it fully charged before installing in the bike? If the fuses are okay, it could be the relay. Does the screen display anything when you turn on the ignition. (I'm not familiar with the 1200).

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the group. +1 on TW's thoughts on the battery, it all starts there. If it's up to snuff then go down the line from there. Years of sitting doesn't do anything any favours, but I'm sure it's solveable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply requesting advice

Good evening,

Just the last three years the bike was park in a non heated shed, well ventilated.The battery was replaced and fully charged. I din't realize the key was on when I was putting the battery in, maybe that cause a power surge or shock to the electrical system. If I remember correctly when you first turn the key the display went thru a system check oil, fuel system etc. it is not doing that now only the oil light stays on and you don't hear the fuel pump charge the fuel system.Thanks

Gusdar,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts