Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1982 GL1100 and the mirrors fold in when I go above 30 mph. So I bought a set of replacements. Installation seemed straightforward: remove two Philips head bolts, install damper and new mirror, install bolts. However, the bolts just turn and never tighten when reinstalling. I thought there would be a stationery threaded element inside, but there must have been a nut instead which has fall. How do you get in behind the speaker on the faring to install the mirror bolt/nut?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Service manual

Thank you for the quick reply. I went to the link, the Owner's Manual for the 1982 Aspencade downloaded no problem. But nothing happens when I click the download link for the Service Manual.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
I just tried it & it worked fine. I would say make sure you have any blockers disabled. Good luck.

If you still have trouble I could try zipping it & email it to you. If interested in that Pm me with email address & we will give it a whirl.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think the threads are stripped

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no go

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your helpfulness -- still nothing happens when I try to download the 1982 GL1100 service manual. If you would be so kind as to zip and email it to me, I would be grateful.

Cordially,
Doug
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all

Thanks to everyone's suggestions I have my new mirrors on! Just remove the turn signals (be careful of the retaining clips into which the bolts for the turn signals fit -- they can fall off into the fairing), then remove the speakers and look carefully as you remove them for the nuts into which the mirror bolts fit. Then you can hold the nuts while you install the mirrors. Reinstall speakers and turn signals and go riding ! Thanks everyone. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts