Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace the front speakers on my 2005 Wing. For those of you who have done this,,,, how the heck do you get to the speaker screw in upper outboard side of each speaker? The dash is directly over that screw! grrrrr,,,...:confused:

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
I believe you have to disassemble about half the fairing. :(

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe you have to disassemble about half the fairing. :(
Just to get at that one screw?? :eek: I can almost get it at an angle. Almost! sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(

After looking at the fairing in that area, I think I can get at that screw if I use a dremel and just shave off the plastic flat area which is still located under the dash panel. That should work. We'll see.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Installed new front speakers

New speakers are in. All I had to do was remove the plastic which was directly over the top outboard screw with my dremel. The dash panel still covers the removed underlying plastic. Piece of cake!

And by the way,,, I replaced the stock dash panel with the 'medium carbon fiber dash panel' offered on Wing Stuff. It looks fantastic! It also matches the color of the trike perfectly :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pull the dash panel? It only takes a few minutes.. pull the 2 pins, take out the shoulder bolts (2) and pull the panel up from the key area. It'll pull kind of hard, but it's just pins in rubber grommets. Then reach under and pull the connector right in front of the steering stem. I think you need to push a thin little screwdriver between the 2 parts of the connector on the front side to release the catch pin in the connector. The early ones release internally, the later ones are a squeeze-to-release, as I recall.

=Dave=
Old Dog Moto Works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts