Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the lower front exhaust covers on my 02 GL1800. I have found a good deal on covers for the 2006 to 2010 Goldwing with the foot warmer vent. My question is will this new style bolt up to my 02 without having to do any modiifcations? My original covers have the plastic chrome exhaust piece above the large cover. I noticed the newer covers have eliminated this, apparently to allow for the vent. Any advise on this is greatly appreciated as I can purchase the newer ones at a very good price.

Thanks

Mike:)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are cables and a lever on the 06 up to operate the toe warmers, the vents will just flap around if you don't have the entire set up, they don't throw off that much heat anyway.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The heat is kind of hot and cold (pun intended) on my bike. Very noticeable when you first open the vent once the bike is fully warmed up and the day is chilly. There is a nice rush of warm air for a moment, and then it kind of fades. I've closed the vent and then felt the cold flow back over my feet and lower legs fairly sudden. Once I re-open the vent I can feel the heat again, and does stay warmer than having them closed all the time, but it is minimal. Far less noticable when I'm wearing my liners in the riding pants either way.
But yes, the cables and lever control might be a PITA to get installed and functioning. I don't know if the slot for the lever is there on the '02 either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts