Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently had to replace the stator on my 85 GL1200 Interstate. I purchased an aftermarket unit and now have had
two replacement units in a row fail on me and am faced with installing one for a third time. The first one failed immediately, and the second one within two or three weeks. I have had an email from another member who indicates he had one from the same company fail immediately recently as well ?

The units are from RMStator. I want to be very clear here that I am not knocking RMStator as a company, in fact they were professional, pleasant to deal with and responsive to my plight when they sent me the second unit. However, the engine has been out of the bike twice already and now I'm looking at having to pull it a third time.

My concern is that there may be a batch of bad units for the GL1200 coming from this supplier ???? I don't want to install a third unit from them if this is the case. So I am asking if anyone else out there has experienced premature failure on a unit from this company.

My latest failure happended while I was on holidays in the USA from Ontario and I was stranded and had to have the bike towed home.

Again, I'm just trying to figure out if there is an issue with the units from this company and would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have had a similar experience.

My email is [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
tgsguitar, how does the plug look? If it is bad, it could be causing the problem. One of the fixes for the GL1200s was to cut the plug out entirely and solder the wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Stator/Regulator Plug

Cantankerous, both the stator, regulator/rectifier and plug ends were replaced with the last install 3 weeks agao , so they are brand new as is the battery.

Thanks
tgsguitar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts