Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be a good full range replacement speaker? I have an '87 aspencade and I'm not sure what the options are. Should they be weather resistant? Or is it ok as long as they don't have paper cones as far as the occasional rain drop is concerned. Far as I know the speakers are stock just like everything else on the bike but I haven't seen anywhere that specifically says replacement goldwing speakers, just curious to see if anyone has replaced them with something else and with good results, I just listen to regular rock but want something with a little more low end fullness, I understand they're small speakers and I'm not looking to make my bike thump like a lowered Impala. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i am using some $25 2way speakers that i found at meijers but can't remember what i clear coated them with to waterproof them

·
Registered
183 Posts
I saw on a site to use auto clear coat in an aerosal can to weather proof your speakers, many of the GW parts sites have these speakers for both the front and back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks, I'll look into weatherproofing speakers and find some I like. I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Look into marine speakers some are advertised as to be able to play them submerged
sounds like a good place to start

·
Registered
470 Posts
+1 on the marine speakers..they are meant to live in that type of environment.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I bought the shark amp/mp3 jack/waterproof speakers for 80 bucks last june.
happy with the quality etc. amp is very small and will install this winter but I have tried it out.

I think the speakers were about 3 1/2 inch diameter and frankly think they sound better than the 4 inch speakers I bought specifically for the gl 1500 front. and they were the upgraded ones you can find one wing specific website.

These claim to work under water. Don't know the price of just the speakers but I have had them a few months now and no problems.

That said, don't expect great sound or quality tones out of any of them. I have heard others complain They are just small. Until you get to 6 1/2 inch with separate cones it's tunes and info but not much more. (Still glad to have this, just didn't want you to have too high expectations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts