Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 Aspy. and purchased some new speakers and need to know how to replace them. How do I get to them, it seems that the grill is not removable. Also, I was sent ones for the rear, will they fit in the front? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hey,
Rear speakers will NOT work. they are about a 1/2 inch smaller. The bolt patter is too small.

Lift both windshield levers

Start at side mirrors. #2 phillips and remove 3 screws (pull back the rubber boot- pull back hard, you will see the 3 screws). Mirrors off

Loosen or remove 1 screw on each side to remove the chrome nose piece just under the windshield. (rock and lift the nose piece, there are 2 tabs at bottom)

remove windshield 5 screws

Now go to the dashboard.

Remove the ignition center piece (post and grommet at front first, tabs at back)
Remove the 2 center pieces surrounding the handlebars (tabs, no screws)
1 very small set screw (small metric allen wrench to remove the knob) one one each side.
Keep track of multiple washers.

You should see the rest of the screws to remove the dash.

this sounds bad but not really. maybe takes about 30 -45 minutes
The first 3 screws are the most diffecult. You will swear you can't get a screwdriver on all 3 but the rubber boots are tough, just gotta wrestle them back to get a good angle on the screws.

good Luck

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front speakers

Tks, love2ride you are a great help. Will order the front speakers since you said the rears won't work. Can you help me with how to get to the front light to install my new "modulator?" Maybe since I will have some of the front stuff off already for the speakers it would be a good time to do the modulator?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hey Gold,

After you remove the big chrome nose, you well see a couple of bolts and or screws holding in the headlamp. So you are correct, it is the perfect time to see the headlight, the wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts