Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I still haven't been able to add photos to an existing thread so here's a new thread.

This goes back to the thread where I was asking if anyone had a front wheel available. Well, since then the original has been repaired.

I'm still new at this. I'm still trying to learn to add more than one photo to a thread. I had intended to give four shots here, two before and two after, but so far, you're getting one after.

This is from the right side. The weld over the crack is at the top, left of the center line. The bend in the rim was on the far side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
disregard this. still trying to add more photos.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a shot before the repair. DUH, can you tell?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Wow...they did great work Randy,

Is that wheel chromed now or just polished up?

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously, the guys, I did 200 miles today and its as good as new.

I didn't know a wheel with that kind of damage could be repaired. One of our ChM members drives a Honda pickup that was broadsided with even worse damage to his front wheel. The Honda service writer told him about the wheel repair shop. When he got the wheel back, they set it next to the other wheels off the truck. The only way to tell the difference was the repaired wheel was freshly polished and looked brand new.

The name of the shop is Rim Spec. The website only shows the address in GP but it also has testimonials from as far as New Jersey (if you believe testimonials on a company's website). My guess is there are franchises if not competitors all around the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts