Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to repairing the tab. I had purchased the plastex repair kit a month ago but forgot about it. Here’s the kit.

I filed down the broken tab to the plastex could be built up a bit stronger on the tab.

After it dried I didn’t think it was strong enough so I added some JB weld also. After that hardened it was as good as new (which isn’t all that great obviously).

We will see if it lasts.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
GREAT JOB. I've got some of that stuff, too and have used it on a friends older wing.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
116 Posts
Used Plastex on my Husky TE300i left radiator shroud tab. Worked satisfactorily until a tip over on the left side. Used the right side shroud tab as a mold. Since there were two other fasteners holding the shroud on just left it in a broken state. Will replace the shroud probably next year since it is getting pretty scratched up from riding through sagebrush and too close to trees.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well mine gave up the ghost again today. I'm going to not even bother fixing it again. Maybe over the winter I'll give it another try.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Interesting . I have the same tap broken on my 2017. To be honest I think it is just a cheapening of the plastic on the 20012 - 2017 wings. The plastic on my 2006 sure seemed to be tougher than that on my 2017.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can you put some aluminum behind it, bent to fit? Or heat some Kydex and form-fit it to the back side of the panel and shape a tab out of that? Kydex is tough, tough stuff. They make a lot of modern holsters and sheaths out of it, and it's thermo-formable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts