Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Goldwing in March.It's a 99,1500.What is the best maintenance/repair manual to buy?Gettin' back to riding in the last five years after I took thirty years off to raise a family.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome BB,

I am on my 5th bike and just bought my first wing last month. I saw a clymers manual while shopping for some lights and picked it up for $30 bucks. I should have known better but was in a hurry to start tearing into my project. A week later I found a clean service manual on Ebay for $35 plus 7 for shipping. It is by far the best I have seen for any bike or truck.

It also has all the electrical schems in the back with a troubleshooting guide.

There might be someone here that could tell you that there is some info in the clymers book that isn't found elsewhere but I have stripped off 126 pieces off mine so far and the few times I couldn't wrestle something off, the service manual showed me the reason and solution.

If you search here, I think you can also find it on cd but I am old fashioned and still like to see it on paper. I have 2 computers but not willing to sacrifice one to the grease in the garage either.

Either way, you can find a lot here and maybe better ideas than mine.

Enjoy the ride and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
From what I've heard, the Honda service manual is the best. Probably the most $$ too, but as is the case most of the time, you get what you pay for. Good luck..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts