Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings again guys, I am looking for a clymer or haymes repair manual for my 2009 goldwing. I see that they only go up to 2005. Will i be ok with that manual? I am trying to run a power wire for my Sirius from the left handle bar to the accessory outlet in the power box and need to find a route to it. Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
470 Posts
I went the extra mile and got a Honda factory manual; I don't have any experience with the off brand ones,but, judging by many posts here and elsewhere those manuals have many mistakes and misinformation....so you be the judge; I guess all I can say is: You get what you pay for. With arguably the BEST ride on the planet, why go cheap on the right material?. Just a thought....IMHO..... :~)

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... B-runner Has Said It All ... I Too Have Had Bad Experience With Clymers And Other Manuals ... They Will Cost You In The Long Run ... The Older Honda Mans. Are Around $55. And Not Sure What The Newer Ones Cost But You'll Be Money Ahead With The Honda Manual ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2007 Wing. So excited to be able to put some miles on it. The weather's finally getting warmer. What should the first thing I do be? I've had great luck with Clymer manuals over the years. I've owned them for all of my bikes. I was surprised to see they have one for the late models and there is airbag info in them. I wouldn't touch that airbag with a ten foot pole held by a guy in body armor (I wouldn't mess with the one in my car either...go ahead...call me chicken), but it's cool its in there.

Here's the link. http://clymer.com/Book.aspx?bid=1792&title=Clymer+Honda+GL1800+Gold+Wing+2001-2010

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Off beat manuals are better than no manual, but they're kind of a poor substitute for the Honda one.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
2nd part of your question
I would remove the lower cover from the handle bar and remove the "dash" and shelter.
Then follow the route taken by existing wiring, securing it w/nylon ties along the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts