Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have no use for the radio antenna and would like to remove it. Removing is the easy part but does anyone know of a plate or cover that would fit flush against the trunk so I could remove the base as well?

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
How about just some plugs to cover the holes in trunk?

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
You might consider using the larger Chrome snap caps and screws or bolts. Don't know of anything that would fit flush.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wayne... the link shows me the image only. Can you post the link to he part itself?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Donald,

If you kept up with the "what tools do you need" you know that the list eventually included toilet paper as a required tool.

I didn't make this up, I'm just replaying it.

So you're wondering, "what the hectic does this have to do with my thread".

Well, as near as I can determine, space is a prized commodity and I am thinking this is actually a TP holder that doubles as an antenna. Might want to reconsider.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ever the resopurceful one L2R! Donald, you don't use your radio at all?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Budoka I don't use the 'regular' radio at all... can't stand it. I have satellite radio in both cars. Still in my trial period for XM on the Wing and I may/may not sign up... still undecided.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Come on Don. Get one of those short black rubbery antennas. It just wouldn't look balanced without something pointing up in the air. Like a cat without a tail.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chopin I never really thought about it that way. I must say, after I laughed for about 30 seconds non stop, all inhabitants of the household staring at me, I came to realize that this object may not only be a radio antenna but might also function as a gyro-flux-hyper-balance correctional device. I may have to reconsider!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
no don you have to leave the stock antenna ( s ) on otherwise you'll have nothing to get caught on the garage door when entering or exiting :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts