Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did my first oil change on my 09. The service manual says to remove lower fairing to change oil. Does anybody do this?
I found its quite easy to do the oil and filter without removeing.:)

Tim

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't know why, but I am sure MotherHonda has a reason that is in their best interest, for instruction the romoval of front cowl. I know of NO ONE who removes it to change the oil.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
No need to remove it, there is plenty of room, probably Honda says to remove it so their dealers can charge you the extra labor cost.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Xtra Repair Time ...

No need to remove it, there is plenty of room, probably Honda says to remove it so their dealers can charge you the extra labor cost.
... YOU NAILED IT ... JOE ... I USE MOTORCYCLE REPAIR SHOPS ... NO DEALERS FOR ME ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just had a Honda dealer do my first oil change. Now I know why it's called a GOLD wing. I will do all future changes myself. How do you folks dispose of the used oil and filter? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I just had a Honda dealer do my first oil change. Now I know why it's called a GOLD wing. I will do all future changes myself. How do you folks dispose of the used oil and filter? Thanks.
I have a local gas station that has an oil recycling tank. I take everything there and dump it. If you check the phonebook or local government website there should be places listed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I checked and our Wal-Mart does both oil and filter.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
most auto parts stores take used oil, i take mine to autozone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.