Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to temporory remove the trunk on a 1800 Gold Wing and if so how does it look without it? A friend of mine has a Harley and he can add and remove the trunk for a different look. I don't own a gold wing yet but there's one in my future.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It can be removed but not without some permanent alterations, you cannot snap it on and off. JBJ cycles in Santa Ana Ca is selling a kit to do that, a friend of mine made his own, but it wasn't cheap
Here is the one my friend made

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
That reminds me a little bit of the old Pacific Coast model, Joe. Does your buddy like it now that it's done?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
He loves it, He did it to his 01 and now to his 07. He used the stock passenger backrest and made a chrome bracket and that attaches to the chrome plate when he and his wife travel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Joe--how did he deal with the latches for the bags---the CB placement and the back rest. (its very hard to tell from the photo)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On the bottom of the trunk there are plungers, one for each bag, he uses them to open the bags, and there is storage when he raises that big chrome piece, he has his CB there.
Where in So Calif are you? I'm in San Jacinto and my friend with the trunkless bike is in Fallbrook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wing w/out trunk

picked up this blog a few days ago from l.y. from joe in calif.

Joe, does your friend have any other photos of his bike w/out trunk. Looks like a pretty cool custom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts