Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GL1800, 2005 K1200LT, 2001 Ultra Classic (wife - 2001 800 Vulcan)
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to locate a video of how to remove the fairing (part facing you). I can't seem to find an all-inclusive online. I researched here and everything points me to look at the manual which I don't own. I realize I should get one, but that doesn;t do me any good today. Does anyone know a video I can watch to help me do this?

Thanks
Woody

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so here it is.....

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

First off those underneath radio clips were buggers to get off!!!

I'm guessing the wing came with a "built in CB radio", is that correct?
I found two CB radio antennea under my fairing.

Glasses Gas Eyewear Cable Automotive tire

I know that the previous owner installed a top mount CB hence why I had to replace the fairing. But having a second CB antennea under there leads me to believe that there was an original unit. Is this unit of any worth\good, or should I just remove this wiring? If not where the heck do I refasten the original antennea? I didn't see any jack for it. I do see the CB antennea on the back of the bike and it looks factory but I'm not sure if it was an add-on.

I also found another wire down there:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Bumper

With a grommet on it and that side fairing box had a hole in the bottom. Did this used to be some sort of a factory power jack in that box? Did the '01 Wings come with that? It connects to this little white connector inside the fairing

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

I also have that red connector coming out of that bunch of wires that goes to nothing. Does anyone know what that connector is supposed to connect to?

I also traced this unknown button to being connected into the CB antennea line.

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Someone was thinking it was a "push to talk" button for the CB. It seems that way.

Other than that, that's how far I've gotten so far. I want to figure this wiring stuff out before I close this all back in with the new parts.

Thanks,
Woody

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And one more question....

While this is all apart I'm going to tackle the air cleaner as it seems like the appropriate time to do so. Is there anything else I should do\check since this is all open?

Wood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts