Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I recently bought a 2008 GW used. I was doing some reading and noticed several people refer to a remote. I found that it is to open the trunk or saddlebags. My question is was this an option or did it come standard? also if it is standard, where can I get a replacement?

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
It comes with the bike, usually two keys and one remote. I would guess that any Honda Powersport Dealer would be able to order you one, but we should search around online first. I didn't see one listed on Wing Stuff. I'll check some other sources.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Well, this gets interesting. I have it from " reliable " ( ? ) sources that certain Honda car remotes will work and may cost considerably less. Here is a link to a comment on the topic: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2126714&postcount=7 I have checked my '08 remote and the numbers match the FCC ID# given. There are programming steps to follow and we can provide them when you have your remote in hand. I use mine all the time to open the trunk. The only glitch, for me , is that you can't remote open the trunk when the bike is running.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've heard about the auto fobs too. Don't know anyone that's done it though. The bike remote comes with a tag explaining the steps to reprogram it.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
The one weird thing is, stated in owners manual. It will "un sync?" quit working after 30 days if you dont turn the bike on with the remote close by. I would really like to see other remotes that work. That would be a great thing. Saving $ is good!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If there is such an animal out there, I'd get one and attach it to the spare key. I never have to re-program mine as it's always on the main key. Um, until I do a 'duh' and lose the durn thang.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Flash news !

I received a private message from one of my other reliable ( ? ) sources. He claims he has a remote for 08 that he no longer need because he sold the bike ( why the remote didn't go with the bike I don't know, nor did I ask ). He will sell the remote for $45 shipped. He hails from PA.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought a second OEM remote for my '08 from Midwest Keyless on E-bay. I haven't programmed it yet but I'm sure it will work. The remote pictured on their seller's page displays a car trunk lid button but the remote they sent has the motorcycle trunk lid button.

I paid $29.92 (Buy it now) back on 1/31/10. Their Buy-it-now price now is $44.93... go figure. Here's the E-bay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-GOLDWING-MOTORCYCLE-KEYLESS-REMOTE-FOB-KEY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c15afcf44QQitemZ120622927684QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 9 of 9 Posts