Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on-line to Wingstuff looking for odds and ends I didn't really need:rolleyes: One item was a rubber cover for the Wing's remote. I put that in my cart, then I ordered an assorted of crush washers and rubber gromets. I completed my order with a magnetic oil plug for the shaft drive, a strobe light, and a nice bag that will fit my trunk rack.

While putting the rubber on my remote? I noticed buttons I had never used, the call button and the trunk opener. After the rubber was on, the remote would not work. I went to ACE hardware and got a new battery for the remote and a 4-pack of D cell batteries (the strobe light takes one D cell). After installing the new remote battery I tested it...it scared the crap out of me!! I was in my small garage and pushed and held down the red call button. My Wing's horn blasted and the lights flashed...I was not ready for that in a small enclosed space.:eek: The other button, that I never had used previously was the button with the motorcycle...it opens the trunk. (Oh, the reason my remote would not work after I put the rubber on it was because the trunk release button was depressed at an angle - this disabled the entire remote.

The strobe light is a nice compact light that I hope I never have to use. It's sure get your attention, may serve as good signal to get all the riders together. When I worked on helicopters in Nam, they had magnetic plugs. When checking the oil it was easy to see if any metal shavings were present. The gromets, I just lose them and the crush washers are always necessary whenever an oil plug is removed.:)

All together this little shopping trip on-line was under $80.00 buck-a-roos. Oh yeah, the bag will give me a place to haul my dirty laundry :D It's a nice, well made bag with rain cover included.

These are all things I would not buy if I had to go to a store and "really" shop.:D Ride Safe, You'all

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If the bags and trunk on your bike are LOCKED and you use the pop button on the remote to open the trunk, do not put your keys in the trunk and shut it, it will re lock in about 30 seconds. Most all Gold Wing hide a spare key on their bike, I would suggest if you haven't done it yet to do it. There are many places to hide a key, Behind a side cover, tape it to the bar that holds the battery in place, velcro it to the inside top of a passenger storage compartment, remove the left fairing pocket and tape a key to a wire harness under it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.