Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Goldwing's have remote locking? I was told they do however I have ordered a remote locking fob and having trouble getting it to work. The previous owner of my trike told me it had remote locking but he had lost the fob. Now I'm wondering if it has remote locking. Looks like I may have got my cart before the horse. :confused:

Is there a way to tell just by looking?

Reactions: dougvtx

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If it's an 1800 it does. But there is a process to program the remote and it's not easy. I'll find it and post it for you.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.

2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.

5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.

6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

Reactions: dougvtx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Joe

Hey Joe,
Thanks a lot. I got it to work.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Me2

Thanks Joe... I got my new remote to work too.... it took me three tries but I finally got the rhythm.... Thanks again!!

Jake/Lobo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remote fob

I got my through EBay and ordered it from cyclemax. Cyclemax is one of Ebay's longtime sellers.:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Anyone know where can I purchase a second remote for my '08?
Just type in Goldwing remote on ebay search and you will get about 20 responces. $19.00 and up. Some with free ship. Just pick a quality seller or use Pay Pal as it will insure your transaction.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, I'm back from Monterey and just bought one on EBay. After the purchase, I noticed the one I bought (for $30) has a car trunk icon and the ones from Cyclemax ($62) have a motorcycle trunk icon. Since it's only a backup fob, I hope it will still work. The seller claimed it was compatible with the '08 Wing so we'll see.

Hey Joe, does the programming process assign new codes, requiring me to program the old and new fobs at the same time, or can I simply program the new fob and expect the old one to still work?

Thanx!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got the remote I bought on Ebay from Midwestkeyless today and was surprised to see it does indeed have the motorcycle icon for the trunk lid release. It was half the cost of what some of the other sellers were asking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts