Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Bridgestone 709 with Dyna- Beads front tire put on my bike today. It was a premature tire replacement as I had a screw puncture on my 7,000 mile front Metzeler. I did the " hands off the bar " at 40 +/- mph on the way home and had no wobble, nada, zilch. I just recently put a car tire on the rear but the wobble was still there before I replaced the front tire.. This may be interesting to note : I asked the mechanic to install the Dyna-Beads and then put the tire on their wheel balance machine and see how it would do. Chris told me that the balance speed would probably not register any Dyna -Bead effect as they only " HAND SPIN " the tires. At what RPM they spin the tire to balance them is a matter of guess because I don't think they know either. How fast can you spin a tire on a balancing machine by hand ? I suppose it depends on how strong your shoulder and triceps muscles are. Food for thought.

·
Registered
741 Posts
As far as I know, the balance machine spins the tire at highway speeds (50-70 mph)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had 1100, 1200, 1500 and now an 1800 goldwings and after a tire change never had a wobble. Can't say for sure on the 1800, as of yet have not changed it, and it has a wobble, but used bike, used tire. They all picked the wobble back up by no more than a thousand miles.

Just my experience.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know, the balance machine spins the tire at highway speeds (50-70 mph)
Dookoo :That's what I thought. But that's not what they told me and I can see no reason they would B.S. me, I buy their beer. . Ridefree: Yes. There is that 1,000 mile threshold still to cross. All hope is for it, but all experience is against it. I still have 985 miles to enjoy wobble free for now.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I honestly don't know if my bike has a wobble, never took my hands off to find out:rolleyes: don't actually plan on it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts