Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sure was pretty this morning and the outlook for Monday and Tuesday is for rain to move in. So I decided to take the Goldwing out and pass that 40,000 mile mark before the three year anniversary of its purchase. The loop I did last on the Yamaha is one of my favorites and since there was no camera last time I decided to fix it. Same ride as before;

Picture 1; The end of the driveway where all good rides start and end.
Picture 2; The Madison County Courthouse, Canton, MS. Just up the road from the house on Hwy 51.
Picture 3; Stump Bridge Road, you don’t see many signs like this in Mississippi unless you are on one of those grey roads on the map.
Picture 4; The Masonic Hall, Camdon, MS. Not much left of this town, this Hall was built in 1929 and has the post office in front.
Picture 5; Crossing the Big Black River on Hwy 51, Madison County to the right and Yazoo County to the left.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I left the house about 10:00 and got back home about 1:00. It's a lot slower when you stop to take pictures. Temperatures started out at 50 and rose to 60 while I was out. It was a beautiful day.

Picture 1; Hwy 433 has some curves on it too.
Picture 2; My goal for the day occurred at Bentonia, MS
Picture 3; If you are a Blues fan then this is a place to visit. The Blue Front Café was famous for their buffalo fish, blues, and moonshine whiskey when it opened in 1948. Mississippi has a Blues Trail with markers all over the Delta and surrounding area. This one says that notables such as Skip James, Henry Stucky, and James “Son” Thomas all played here.
Picture 4; The rest of Bentonia, MS, at least the rest of downtown.
Picture 5; Flora, MS downtown. It is bigger than Bentonia…..

From Flora it is a quick run back Hwy 22 past the Nissan plant home.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Thank you for taking us along. How many miles does the bike have now?

Interesting side note, look at the time on the bike and the posting times.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Thanks for taking us along Mark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice little ride there. Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are doing our first little ride tomorrow. Going to do some Antiquing about a hour away. Going to take short trips to build into it . I am still getting used to the bigger bike.
Pete

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for taking us along. How many miles does the bike have now?

Interesting side note, look at the time on the bike and the posting times.
Right now 40, 082. The time on the bike is still from daylight savings time. I keep meaning to knock it back an hour but keep forgetting.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Yes Mark you are knocking the miles up. You know you can't wear them things out. Ron in the Norhtwest has been trying to do that for 19 years.:D

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Geeze, Mark. You must have called ahead and had all the traffic stopped and the locals confined indoors, except for that one tourist in front of the Blue Front Cafe.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Looks like it was a great day for a ride. Thanks for the pics..

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geeze, Mark. You must have called ahead and had all the traffic stopped and the locals confined indoors, except for that one tourist in front of the Blue Front Cafe.
That's one reason I like that route, hardly any traffic no matter when I've been on it. The tourist was just that, a couple from Germany visiting Blues sites around the state.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Thanks Mark!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.