Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
We have a 97 Goldwing 1500 SE (trike). It had red & green wheel cover lights on it when we got it in 2004. On a recent 4,800 mile trip to Yellowstone, one of the little 1/4" wide strips came loose at the bottom of the wheel cover area where it was tucked in...I tried to tuck it back in and about 1 1/4" of the strip broke off..looks like a 1/16" thick strip with a printed curcit inside..where the heck can I get a replacement for the broken strip? Looks like there are 4 of them that make up the front wheel lighting system...I have looked in the bike books and they don't seem to sell this color combination...any info would be appreciated..
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Is that what they refer to as the "ring of fire" lights? If so, maybe the mfg would sell replacement strips. You check their website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked them up...they are made differently...the lights on our 97 are on little flat strips that tuck under the wheel cover......looks like the "ring of fire" lights mounts on the outside. And, I am looking for the red and green lights like we have now...

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More about the "Light Strips"

Ok, so I just tried to attatch some pictures of the strip......at least the 1.2 inch end of it that broke off...the strip, like I said, is about 1/4" wide and about 1/16" thick...the bulbs make it a little under 1/8" thick in that area...it is made of some kind of fiber resin and the LED (?) bulbs are molded into the resin...there is a green bulb AND a red bulb, right next to each other, every few centimeters..when truned on, the red shows out and the green shows in and reflects off the wheel...
Hope this helps...I am guessing this is a item that sold in 97 or 98....:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The old style ring of fire lights attached to the outside of the front cover of the 1500 Gold wing with 2 sided tape. You could also buy the chrome covers that went over them. You can still buy them that way if you have the covers but they are also made as part of the rotor cover, you can buy the replacements strips.
call these guys, http://www.vencowings.com/
they can get them for you,
here is apicture of the ring of fire without the covers on the lights that I added to my 92 Gold Wing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mumble grumble....

Searched both suggested sites..at length..!!...no luck....will call Venco Monday morning...wish someone had the red/green sitting in their garage under some dust...oh well...Venco may have it..
we will see...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you can't find red/green you might go to red/blue or just amber strips can be replaced without replacing the entire unit.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Many times thats the problem with after market items that are added. Either the company goes out of business or they stop making a specific item. When you try to replace it, they no longer make or have in stock. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Kuryakyn used to carry a red/green at one time, I don't know if they still do. You may want to try 'Add On Accessories' they have strange things for Goldwings.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you may want to check with your dmv because it may be illegal to ride with red and green lights " on " on the front of your bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts