Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was haveing a gas millege drop bike running rich. I went from the green air filter to the red one. little did I know the paper element was different. now I bought them from honda the were not after market. my gas millege dropped to 35 or 36 MPG. I was thinking something was messed up in the carb. By the way it's a 2004 VTX 1300. I can't find the green filters. so I went and bought a K&N Filter to my surprise it cleared up bike is running great.and my MPG. went up to 44 MPG. so I think some other company is makeing the filters for honda now. So if your have a simular problem you mite give this a try.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
So far my filters have been green. I'll make note of that. I had an 06 VTX 1300C. Apparently it's now a classic style. They don't even call them VTX anymore, do they ?

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
honda does not make any of their filters, there all out sourced

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I removed my green Honda OEM filter this morning and ordered a K&N filter. Asked for second day air so we can get back on the road this weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think this the VTX site I had problems with a VTX 1300 they are noted for having a mixture problem. The K&N filter cleared mine up. To me this was money well spent.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
The K/N Air Filters they are all did Not help one little Bit change your Honda Filters when needed ,Dont waste you Money :AngryFinger:
nonsence
but do use whichever filter works for you

·
Registered
92 Posts
K&N fabric oil-laced filters allow more air to pass through and may have a shorter service interval than the OEM one. Sometimes the "power or performance" improvement in negligible. Unless you have a Power Commander to optimize air-fuel mixture, your padding the pockets of K&N.

It is a touring bike called a GL1800 not a high-performance race bike. I will stick with OEM and change it after it long required service interval.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I use oem filter since the bike was new. Only this year that I changed my filter to KnN brand and I can say it really improved my throttle response and good mileage compared with oem filters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts