Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everybody,

Sorry I hadn't been on the website lately. I recently returned last week from my cross country trip to Costa Mesa, Ca. and had a blast. It was a trip of a lifetime and I must do it again real soon. We started with 4 riders on 2 Goldwings and 2 Goldwing trikes. Day 2 quickly turned into the 2 trikes being left at the hotel until they decided to get up. Must be that military mindset.

My riding buddy, Mike Griffin from Fredericksburg, Va. and I continued on and stopped in Texas for a steak dinner after almost getting blown away by those Oklahoma winds. We stopped at the Grand Canyon and did the South Rim and proceeded along Route 66 on the way to California.

The Rally was held in Costa Mesa, Ca. at the Hilton and it was awesome. We found Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Long Beach and after 4 days, we departed on Sunday, 30 May, and went to Vegas for a night. From there we made it to Denver, Kansas City and St. Louis and split up in Mt. Vernon, Il and went our seperate ways.

The weather was perfect the entire ride with light rain on the last day and you know how that went. By the time I get my raingear on, it stops raining. I put 5300 miles on the bike total and am already planning my next trip.

I'll try and attach some photo's but keep in mind, I'm slightly computer challenged. My best to all, Gean

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Good job Gean, Looks like you had a great time. My little lady & myself depart Thursday for ours. Post some more if you get a chance they came out great.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Sounds like a great trip, glad you're back safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Sorry I hadn't been on the website lately.

Never be sorry for your absence on the board when you are riding. That's what we are suposed to do. Ride, ride, ride..... Of course, I should talk.. Well, I'll make up for it this week. Sounds like you had a great trip. Ride safe...

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Welcome home 'ol vagabond. We kept things going while you were away. You make my heart home sick with pictures of Arizona. It's not my home , but the parents live in Phoenix and I visit there once a year. I habitually go out there in March and rent a bike for a few days but I can never make it to the Grand Canyon in March, usually too cold and snowy up there that time of year. Your apology for your absence seems a little " tongue - in- cheek ", but I'm sure the sentiment is genuine. What happened, did you run out of film ? A 5300 mile trip and all we get are 4 pictures. Apologize for that!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice ride!

Good for you Goldwing. Isn't that Arizona State Flag / logo pretty!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Great pictures, sure would like to see some more. Looks like a nice trip. Did you go across I-20 or I-40?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts