Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a 2010 Goldwing with 8200 miles. Did a VIN searchsaid it had 5 recalls; brakes, floor board mounts, airbags.

I went to Honda Power sports site; it could not find vin, so I’m now sure how to verify that recalls were performed.

Any ideas?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
320 Posts
Walk in to a Honda Service Department with the VIN. They can print a report showing day purchased (and by whom) and every time it has been to any Honda dealer for work.

Reactions: gromano

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
Then I would think it needs the recalls done. I had a 2010 and it was awesome for 159,000 miles. Just traded it back in June.

·
Registered
65 Posts
"Looking at purchasing a 2010 Goldwing with 8200 miles. Did a VIN searchsaid it had 5 recalls; brakes, floor board mounts, airbags."
When I purchased my used 2003 last spring, I just called Honda and they were able to look it up. I believe the number I called was: 866-784-1870

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
Then I would think it needs the recalls done. I had a 2010 and it was awesome for 159,000 miles. Just traded it back in June.
I was under the impression if the recalls were already done, it would show zero recalls.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was under the impression if the recalls were already done, it would show zero recalls.
In my case Honda was able to tell me what the recalls were and the status of each one. For the wing I was purchasing, they told me what all three were and that they had been completed. My understanding is that If there is a product safety recall, the consumer product safety council (I think that is what it is called) requires detailed tracking which means they should have all the information. In this case "zero" would mean that no recalls were issued on this product. For non-safety recall, perhaps the process is different?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
In my case Honda was able to tell me what the recalls were and the status of each one. For the wing I was purchasing, they told me what all three were and that they had been completed. My understanding is that If there is a product safety recall, the consumer product safety council (I think that is what it is called) requires detailed tracking which means they should have all the information. In this case "zero" would mean that no recalls were issued on this product. For non-safety recall, perhaps the process is different?
The Honda website shows the brake recall and the airbag recall only for the 2010. Honda did have 2 recalls for the brakes but the first was superseded by the second one.
NHTSA Recall Number: 16V-347
NHTSA Recall Number: 15V-700

For vehicles the proper place to look is the NHTSA.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
As said above the place to go is NHTSA and put the Vin in and all non-completed recalls pertaining to your bike will be listed. After the recall has been completed after about a week the recall will disappear from the list of your VIN. Just because a number of recalls show for the year of your bike does not necessarily mean you're are included in every one.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As said above the place to go is NHTSA and put the Vin in and all non-completed recalls pertaining to your bike will be listed. After the recall has been completed after about a week the recall will disappear from the list of your VIN. Just because a number of recalls show for the year of your bike does not necessarily mean you're are included in every one.
And if the NHTSA site doesn't show anything it means the recall were already done.
Also, if he can find the recall notice from Honda, it will show how to identify if the recall has been done. I think they put a punch marks on the frame near the rear master cylinder.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

As far as the floorboard recall, that one is from Kuryakyn. Good luck finding anything on that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts