Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(not in absolute order)

1. Power
(the twist on response @ 70mph killed the Harley and Victory I tried)
2. Lack of vibration
(don't like the idea of sitting on a paint shaker, or things coming loose as a result)
3. Long term durability
(want to spend my time riding, not wrenching)
4. Maintenance
(less going wrong, but also easier to clean, I would rather ride than polish chrome)
5. Lots of of miles the norm
(meant to ride many miles without destroying value of bike)
6. Handling
(very light on it's feet for such a large bike, low center of gravity)
7. Happy Wife
(her preference for the all important passeger comfort)
8. Quiet
(happy not to piss off neighbors or frighten deer into bolting in front of me- slowly rode 5 feet from a fawn and her mom- the baby looked at me and never stopped chewing the grass it was eating)

There are other reasons I love the bike, but for me the above are most compelling. You?

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
(not in absolute order)

1. Power
2. Lack of vibration
(don't like the idea of sitting on a paint shaker, or things coming loose as a result)
3. Long term durability
4. Maintenance
(less going wrong, but also easier to clean, I would rather ride than polish chrome)
6. Handling
7. Happy Wife
8. Quiet
(happy not to piss off neighbors or frighten deer into bolting in front of me- slowly rode 5 feet from a fawn and her mom- the baby looked at me and never stopped chewing the grass it was eating)

There are other reasons I love the bike, but for me the above are most compelling. You?
+1,000,000,000,000....Well said SB

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Definitely all those, plus

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda." :)

Reactions: KillerKustums

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
(not in absolute order)

1. Power
2. Lack of vibration
3. Long term durability
4. Maintenance
6. Handling
7. Happy Wife
8. Quiet

+ 187,000 miles of :D
Plus we've met some mighty fine people and made a bunch of Friends on the Wing.:)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
One of the most enjoyable things about the Goldwing (in my experience anyway) is the way Wings are freely accepted by the public and riders alike. other bikes (cruisers, sport bikes, adventure bikes) seem to appeal to a more limited section of the people. Not that I really give a rat's patootie about what people think, but it's nice to be regarded as em, well trustworthy.;)

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
+ 187,000 miles of :D
Plus we've met some mighty fine people and made a bunch of Friends on the Wing.:)
We all catch grief about,"old mans bike," or "oh, thats not a Harley." The majority of folks who make those comments have only followed a motorcycle in their car. This is one thing I love about the wing. You folks know,yall know exactly what I am talking about and we all have the same answer, "Come ride with me. Dont care what you think, dont care what you ride. Just come ride with me."

The folks I have got to meet here has really been cool. I cant wait to hang with the same folks I have meet again and cant wait to meet more.
I know not everyone thinks that I have the best motorcycle ever made. Lets ride! :D

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
#1 reason i'm glad i got a goldwing is because its what i wanted to ride

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
All nice reasons & more to come for you in the future.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Oh that bum knee.:mad::(
how about those bum knees, the right knee is not much better than the left one so i may be touring on the superK soon

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
1. Power
2. Lack of vibration
3. Long term durability
4. Maintenance
6. Handling
7. Happy Wife
(her preference for the all important passenger comfort)
8. Quiet
(happy not to piss off neighbors or frighten deer into bolting in front of me)

Seems like my opinion is the same as yours!

Mark

Ride safe & often.......

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
how about those bum knees, the right knee is not much better than the left one so i may be touring on ths superK soon
As long as you're riding buddy that's all that matters. Remember I cover a lot off ground on the Nighthawk.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
i'm stayn' on two wheel as long as i can, i'm not ready for a trike yet
If you change your mind, I know where you can get one.

Oh yeah another reason I choose a wing is I like to ride more than 1000 miles in a day and a wing gives me the best chance to day that.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
As long as you're riding buddy that's all that matters. Remember I cover a lot off ground on the Nighthawk.;)
as long as i'm comfortable on my ride to and from frackville :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
all the reasons that you posted are very true. i feel the same way. but may i add that i can ride longer into the season due to the wind protection, i can ride longer without having to stop to put on a jacket like the other people i ride with have to do, after we have ridden until the sun goes down. i can light up a smoke while im listening to the blues on xm, as i ride down the road. the wife and i have stopped at the grocery store to pick up some things that we needed, and pack them IN the wing. aaahhhh, i guess thats about all i can think of right now. yall keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with all of the reasons listed... Plus

Electronic Cruise
Heated Seats
Heated grips

But the quiet power and the passenger comfort are way up there. When I see the stickers "Loud Pipes Save Lives", all I think is I don't want to ride anywhere behind them. Some I don't even want to be in front. As much as I want to ride together, If you have to ride loud, I will be laying way back, or turning on a different road. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.