Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pryed on a 180/60-16 on the rear rim instead of the suggested 160/80-16? I just think there is a lot of sidewall on my 160/80 and is about to get a new tire. Should I get the 1800 size or stick with the 1500 suggested size?

And just in case you wonder about riding style, I love to pass the GSX-R's in the turns with my knee, butt, elbow, footpegs and whatever else scraping the asphalt.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Actually, going to a wider tyre won't improve the handling and cornering of your bike to any noticeable degree. If anything it will slow the steering response down a bit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, going to a wider tyre won't improve the handling and cornering of your bike to any noticeable degree. If anything it will slow the steering response down a bit.
I agree to a degree. The sidewall on a /80 tire leaves a lot to slendering through corners. If I can fit a 180/60 tire on it in stock configuration I will. Next years modifications includes a 300+ tire..... And no it won't be a Grappler 300+ for you C/T (or darkside) fellas but a soft comfy Metzeler tire with a ton of grip and easy notice before slipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts