Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question, what is the size of the lug nuts on the rear wheel? don't want to buy until I know the right size. Want to get the new tire mounted and on the road again. Ride safe and enjoy. Gary

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
The service manual doesn't mention the size of the nuts, but if I had to guess I'd say 17mm. There's a couple members that have done their own removal and re-install so maybe one of them will enlighten us.

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I guess Honda expects mechanics to memorize all the sizes of wrench needed for whatever job they're doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys,

In the service manual for rear lug nuts. Torque values are 80 ft/lbs. The nut is 19mm. It is important to tighten to the specifications as noted.

TXRider..

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
Hi Guys,

In the service manual for rear lug nuts. Torque values are 80 ft/lbs. The nut is 19mm. It is important to tighten to the specifications as noted.

TXRider..
Ah, You've got to love a man with a manual...LOL. Great addition to any wrenches tool box. That's why I don't have one. Besides, if I need to know something technical I just ask the forum.. LOL.. Ride safe..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guess what? I called the honda dealer and found out that for 39.95 each they will take the wheels off the bike and install the new tires that I purchased online. Shucks for 80.00 it's not worth messing with myself. plus I get an 80 mile ride out of it. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
Gary, you are so right about the minimal cost for them to do that. I'm not incapable with tools, but unless it's an oil change or farkle install that I'd be comfortable doing, I give it to the guys in the back. No way I'd remove my wheels, or take off my forks, bleed or flush my brakes or rad. Same goes for them and selling our products; they do what they are trained for, and I do my thing up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts